• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Type Rating Cost (Various Compnaies)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is it just me, or do most of those prices seem a bit low (expecially the corp. stuff)? I'm starting Lear 60 initial at FSI next week and it was significantly more than posted above, and they were cheaper than what Simuflite quoted us.

Is your program a full-service contract or just an initial? Also, depending on the client, FSI or Simuflite offer discounts for their regular clients. It also depends on the program. If the courses have a long wait list, then discounts are not often available. Supply and demand.

Type Ratings...

Is this something that the hiring company usually pays for or the pilot?

(You don't see me post often because I'm not flying...yet. So I'm mostly here to learn. Though if you want me to teach you something I know this wicked trick with a quarter...)

(You don't see me post often because I'm not flying...yet. So I'm mostly here to learn. Though if you want me to teach you something I know this wicked trick with a quarter...)

Yes, in the three companies for which I have worked since leaving the military each as provided transition training to new hires. This is significant as Gulfstream G550 initial qualification training costs $53,500.

GV

B757 Type

Not so sure about your Alteon quote. We did two pilots up there 18 months ago and it was $32,000 for the first one and another $6,000 for the second one. Obviously we did two guys simply for the savings. We pay alomost as much as your numbers for recurrent training at Alteon.

Is your program a full-service contract or just an initial? Also, depending on the client, FSI or Simuflite offer discounts for their regular clients. It also depends on the program. If the courses have a long wait list, then discounts are not often available. Supply and demand.
See post #9. That's where I engaged my gray matter.

Attitude Ind. said:

Good question. When you get to the point of being offered a job and the company requires you to pay for your own type rating or sign a training contract, it's typically a sign of a company that will treat you like crap.

Last edited:
Nope. Scabs are people who cross picket lines.

However, why should you pay for something a multi-million dollar company should? If they can afford a $X million dollar airplane, they can afford to send you to school.

Now back to your regularly scheduled topic...

Latest resources

Back