Votes: 260 48.3%
  • Military (active, guard, or reserve)

Votes: 32 5.9%
  • non-flying job

Votes: 102 19.0%
  • still out of work

Votes: 144 26.8%

• Total voters
Back to the old job flying, part-time flying piss and s**t around (specimen) in BE58's. 12oz curls. Anyone need a spotter? (PHL)

Alaskan tundra is recession proof. No girlie men need apply, but if you're whacked enough, or tough enough, you can pay the bills and have some crazy times.

The 'pretty places' seem to be hit by the economy, being tour based and on the grid. Not sure how the cruise ports are going to fare over the next two years.

Something to be said for single pilot IFR, though. Gets inside your head. I'm a little twisted, though. Winds pushing you sideways down the ice (I mean runway), and you're looking out the copilot window on take off. OAT is colder at SL than at cruise. Never mind about the sun! It'll be back in a few weeks or so. Is that coughing pax in the back got TB? Don't worry about it. Ahhhh, life on the moon.

Ronin

I haven't gotten crap yet either!

Yuk, Yuk, you're a riot.

#4 - well, not exactly - living @ home with VERY UNDERSTANDING wife supporting me as the federal government keeps extending my unemployment benefits!

Did 737 type rating earlier this year with WIA funds. Passsed with flying colors, applied to targeted airlines/corporations, even non-flying jobs - absolutely no hits on OVER A YEAR. Have THREE ICAO ATPs with THREE jet type ratings but no jobs - not even an "equal opportunity" interview. Now that would be really nice. And they tell me it's a wonderful life. Really? More like a crap shoot!!
You are looking in the wrong places. Tons of jobs overseas that would kill to have you. Rishworth, HACS, PARC, WASINC, IAC Global. I have turned down Korean Air twice because I have found work closer to home. Pay is good overseas, you just have to be willing to be gone for a couple weeks at a time

Latest resources

Back