• Start date
  • Watchers 23

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes go to the flight ops web site, upper right hand corner is bid notification information, click on it and scroll down to bottom of the page you will see last six or so full bid results.

i'm looking for the initial bid posting...the one that shows the vacancies. thx for the reply though

Wow..didn't take long for this subject to get off track!

CAL EWR 737...u taking too many study breaks from that 756 stuff! Did you frame your 20 year letter yet? :)

Don't actually start training until May 10, just trying to get a head start so I don't have to kill myself studying, old age sucks.

How was the Detroit opener flew the Yankee's on Sunday to Minneapolis? My letter is going to be given to our MEC Chairman when I go down to IAH for an SPC meeting later this month. I am going to tell him to personally show it to Kellner, dignity and respect what a joke! It was nice flying with you.

Last edited:
This next bid we are getting a net 15 aircraft(30 new 800,900er's, parking 15 300's)

Plus the initial group of 787 training should be on this bid, as the aircraft begin arriving Q1 2009. Training will have to be in 2008.

As sh*tty as it sounds, that's pretty much how it's always been - it's not what you know, it's who you know.

I applied at CAL the day they started hiring with plenty of Boeing time and updated regularly, but I don't know anyone there, and unfortunately I don't commute on CAL either, so I don't think I stand any chance there.

That's how it is at my airline too... if you don't know anyone here, you ain't getting on here.

Yes, it sucks, but what can you do? Gotta roll with it and move on...

A more pertinent question for those outside looking in is, "what would be the upgrade time for someone hired tomorrow?" My understand is there were a lot of retirements in the '05-'06 timeframe. What do the retirement percentages look like going forward? (My data says 32% from 2007 through 2012. I don't have any numbers beyond that.)

How long is the 5-6% growth expected to last?
What are the chances of Age 65 passing and when will it take effect?

A more pertinent question for those outside looking in is, "what would be the upgrade time for someone hired tomorrow?" My understand is there were a lot of retirements in the '05-'06 timeframe. What do the retirement percentages look like going forward? (My data says 32% from 2007 through 2012. I don't have any numbers beyond that.)

How long is the 5-6% growth expected to last?
What are the chances of Age 65 passing and when will it take effect?

my data shows about
1200 retirements(2008-2013)
1880 retirements(2014-2024)

nothing below 150 per year until 2024. Age 65 will obviously affect those numbers. We currently have 60 737s and 25 787s on firm order. So there should be a lot of movement for the next several years.

Last edited:
wow, this thing went from from 1 page to 5 in a couple hours. I guess
I just want a job at CAL again, was an FA for Air Mike 92-95.

In the short stack and no calls.

Last edited:
Point is CAL is hiring unqualified pilots regularly as favors to those already at the company. The market is full of 5000+ hour pilots with 1000+ Turbine PIC. CAL is hiring 1500 hour flight instructors just like UAL did six years ago.

CAL hires major airline pilots just like Gulfstream hires commuter pilots except CAL doesn't charge $30k like Gulfstream but the quality of hiring is the same.

Hey f**ko, guess what...I never flight instructed, I've got over 1000 hours turbine PIC in military tactical a/c's, and I'm with CAL. Am I underqualified in your book as well?

My sim partner was the youngest guy at 25 and an F/O with XJT. The guy did outstanding, as does 99 out of 100 folks they send through training here.

It's funny, for some reason I never saw you in one of my sim sessions evaluating my performance. Maybe I just missed you, since you have such insight on how newhires are performing here at CAL. Sounds like someone's got a case of small d**k syndrome to me.

Hey f**ko, guess what...I never flight instructed, I've got over 1000 hours turbine PIC in military tactical a/c's, and I'm with CAL. Am I underqualified in your book as well?

My sim partner was the youngest guy at 25 and an F/O with XJT. The guy did outstanding, as does 99 out of 100 folks they send through training here.

It's funny, for some reason I never saw you in one of my sim sessions evaluating my performance. Maybe I just missed you, since you have such insight on how newhires are performing here at CAL. Sounds like someone's got a case of small d**k syndrome to me.

Scratch one!

Nice shot Scrap!:laugh:

Latest resources

Back