• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Two stripes?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, that's either a "Cruise pilot" on our recently purchased SSBJ, or a flight attendant.

Did he look sleepy?

Heard a rumor that we're removing all the FE panels from our planes, so this guy is about to be out of a job. Such a shame....

Interesting trivia ...

If you ever look into the cockpit of a 767 and see a Flight Engineers panel you'll know its ex Air New Zealand.

When Boeing designed the 767 they did so without an FE panel. When ANZ wanted to buy 767's the union said I don't think so, what about our FEs?

The compromise was that ANZ were able to buy 767s provided Boeing retrofit a FE's panel into them. Now thats the power of a union!

Sometimes those kiwis aren't so stupid :)

Interesting trivia ...

If you ever look into the cockpit of a 767 and see a Flight Engineers panel you'll know its ex Air New Zealand.

When Boeing designed the 767 they did so without an FE panel. When ANZ wanted to buy 767's the union said I don't think so, what about our FEs?

The compromise was that ANZ were able to buy 767s provided Boeing retrofit a FE's panel into them. Now thats the power of a union!

Sometimes those kiwis aren't so stupid :)

Ozpilot,

I didn't know that ANZ received their aircraft with the FE positions.

As far as I know, the first airline's union to require the airline to insist on installing the FE position before delivery was Ansett of Australia. The first 5 767-200's delivered to Ansett did require an FE to operate them in 1983 -- at least for the first number of years until retrofitted to the regular configuration.

IDEtoNJA

Latest resources

Back