• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
IMO

One

Aviation resumes are different than other fields
The most important information on it are your numbers, not how eloquently you write about them.
More experience doesn't take more room on a piece of paper than low time

Last edited:
I'd say one page. Who still requests resumes? I thought everything was online in the form of an app. Or do you still cut and paste your resume at the end of the application.

one page for a pilot, ratings, hours, work history, the old Air Inc format was very good, if an employer is interest they will ask for more

Just reduce the font size. :p
Very funny, but nothing less that 12 point, use Bullet Point format. Make it easy to read. If it is hard to read the reviewed will drop it in the round file. Even in the flying junk at night business, I sometime get 12-15 resume a day when we are hiring. I take 15-30 seconds to see if I want to go on to the next step of sending a link to our on-line application site.

One page for aviation. It can all easily fit in there. Some professions like an attorney may require a bit more enumeration due tot the wider spectrum of expertise. Like others said, time, type, ratings, outfits, and maybe cover letter if required. Airline HR only care about numbers, ratings and types. Obviously your education should fit in there was well. Like college.

Last edited:
Is a two-page resume OK, or should it be kept to one-page for the airlines?
Two pages is absolutely acceptable. In fact, a good friend is an HR Director for a major aerospace company. She has been in HR for over 20 years and she feels that if you have a lot of experience, a one page resume will hurt you as opposed to helping you. She said that when she was an HR Generalist and was actively recruiting people, the reviewing manager(s) never had a problem with two, or even three page resumes.

Two pages is absolutely acceptable. In fact, a good friend is an HR Director for a major aerospace company. She has been in HR for over 20 years and she feels that if you have a lot of experience, a one page resume will hurt you as opposed to helping you. She said that when she was an HR Generalist and was actively recruiting people, the reviewing manager(s) never had a problem with two, or even three page resumes.

If you are trying to get a job at Bell, Boeing, or Jeppesen go for the longer resume. If you are trying to get a job at an airline, I would go with one. You could have a some buddy's that work at different airlines ask their HR dept if it matters or ask around at a job fare, because that might be more helpful than FI.

Latest resources

Back