Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What flying guy said^^^

Always ask the source

two pages is absolutely acceptable. In fact, a good friend is an hr director for a major aerospace company. She has been in hr for over 20 years and she feels that if you have a lot of experience, a one page resume will hurt you as opposed to helping you. She said that when she was an hr generalist and was actively recruiting people, the reviewing manager(s) never had a problem with two, or even three page resumes.

one page

Two pages is absolutely acceptable. In fact, a good friend is an HR Director for a major aerospace company. She has been in HR for over 20 years and she feels that if you have a lot of experience, a one page resume will hurt you as opposed to helping you. She said that when she was an HR Generalist and was actively recruiting people, the reviewing manager(s) never had a problem with two, or even three page resumes.

Wrong, flying a plane isn't that complicated and you will be perceived as strange or just thrown out with more than a 1 pager.

Wrong, flying a plane isn't that complicated and you will be perceived as strange or just thrown out with more than a 1 pager.
For a pilot absolutely one page. I got a five page resume from a pilot, no summary of flight but the flight time was buried in the various jobs he held. I never did figure out how much inst time, or type ratings he might have held. It almost read like he had a lower level managment job where he flew the company airplane part time.

The only reason I looked at it was because it was in a pile of resume I was reviewing while traveling to the sim.

I didn't interview him, because did not think he wanted to be a pilot in the on-demand business.

One.

Multiple pages are for arrest records and excuses for the wifey. (make sure convictions are only one page) ;)

Remember, you're dealing with pilots and the one's doing the hiring are insecure and will be threatened by multiple pages of achievements. ;)

One page.

Even if you've got a more impressive background than Bob Hoover, it can still be summed up on one page. All most pilot employers are looking for is hours, sheepskin or no, and who you're currently flying for. The rest is just fluff.

Latest resources

Back