• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MLBWINGBORN

Freedom Fighter
Hey guys and gals..

Im back from a three day and ive run across three folks in the "know"..
The word is that there will be two classes in August as myself and others have said before..The date for the first class that ive heard the most about is the 5th..I suspect that if they go back to the "old" class schedule it will be the 8th and the 29th..If the new schedule continues i suspect the 5th and the 26th will be the dates..

But..dates aside..the most important thing is that there will be two classes per several sources and the trend is supposed continue..

I also spent two hours with one of the union BODs and he said that it looks like the contract extension will pass at this point..
The more stable the labor picture becomes the better the plans for growth look..

Hang in there and if you can sell the house and buy SWA stock..

Mike
MLBWINGBORN

Thanks for the info Mike.

It's always good to get news... but GOOD news... now that's even better. If they are indeed planning an August 5 class I'd imagine some people's phones would be ringing this week. Any thoughts? Has anyone received a call? Of course I realize the proposed dates aren't firm.

I know some people have been asked to get fingerprinted. Otherwise, it's been very quiet. Thanks again for the info.

Regards,

RightBettor

Class on the 5th????

Tomorrows's the 24th. Looks like they're shoot'n for less than 2 weeks notice now. Is this a trend?

Heck, it may take me a week just to find all my socks!

Socks???

Socks are NOT allowed in the pool, they clog the pumps and drains!!!

That's O.K. CoopDoggy, while your packin', I'll do you a favor... being the kind soul that I am... I'll gladly take your slot, I can leave right NOW for DAL... the heck with packing, I'll buy socks when I get there!!!!!

KTs thread on another post gave me the willys earlier today... you know - folks are actually sleeping in DAL RIGHT NOW, and tomorrow am they are getting up and going to SWA class!!!:cool: The rest of us will also get to do that soon!?!? I just don't know what they will think - all of us dripping on the floors for a couple of days, since we are SO waterlogged.... oh well, nothing a mop won't fix!?!?!

Hoping for the best - tredding..... Have a great day!

Anyone,
Not that I am anywhere close to getting out of the pool, but I am curious about how the chief pilot "calling process" works.

Do the Chief Pilots need to meet everytime prior to calling dudes for the next class?
If they do, does anyone know if there are C.P.'s in DAL right now??
It would seem that if there was to be an Aug 5th class there would need to be some activity from the Chief Pilots, since they do the calls. Or, did they go through the entire pool list when they met at the end of June and rank ordered all of us, so they could make the calls when the company gave the word?

:confused:

Also, does anyone know the shortest time period between SWA STARTING the phone calls for a class and the actual class date?

This is the way I see it -- We are 12 days from the 5th of Aug. No calls have come my way, however when I went to get fingerprinted last week I spent a few minutes with JB. She said maybe we can get you to class REAL soon. Now, my definition of "REAL SOON" is next month (AUG) but that may not be hers. I hate to be a pessimistic person but I'm guessing the 5th of AUG isn't going to happen. The optimistic side of me thinks definitely a class in AUG.

Bake

My call was 1 week before class. Those guys are not sleeping in Dallas they are drinking Wild Turkey tonight!!

Hang in there!

:D I don't know if this helps but got called today by SWA to go up on Friday to get fingerprinted. I asked how many of these they had done and she said about 40 or so. I think I am about number 45 on the unofficial list so I think we may have a higher percentage of people signed up near the top.

Will have to do a little poking around when I go up on Friday. Will let all of you know if I find anything out.

Mike,

Thanks for the good news. Hope to see you on the line and buy you a beer or 10 for all your encouragement.

Bambam

Latest resources

Back