• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TWA ALPA lawsuit?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Again, I'm still waiting for the APA to merge with ALPA, you think maybe in another ten years it will happen?!?! How would you say the Ozark pilots were treated when they merged with TWA, fair and equitable in your eyes?

APA played ALPA like the amateurs they were/are on this. I am amazed and horrified at how they did it, and I won't go any further on this for now because there is litigation pending. But it was a work of art. Sometime down the road, I will tell what I know of it. It may already be on the forums somewhere.

I don't think the Ozark/TWA thing was done very well at all. I flew with primarily Ozark pilots and these guys were truly the best in the business. Keep in mind that the brunt of the fallout of TWA/AA involved pilots that had nothing to do with that integration.

Using your logic, most Delta pilots should have lost their jobs because of what happened with Pan Am. I wonder if the ALPA crackpipe people remember that one? You know, where the Pan Am Alpa leadership made sure they got typed on the aircraft that they knew (but not the greater pilot population at Pan Am) would survive the merger and thus those pilots retain their jobs? WE ARE ALPA.

Kugel, see PMs

X

I'll stop. Sorry, but these non-involved, 30-something, narcissistic, know-it-alls really get under my skin.

I will stop.

Using your logic, most Delta pilots should have lost their jobs because of what happened with Pan Am. I wonder if the ALPA crackpipe people remember that one? You know, where the Pan Am Alpa leadership made sure they got typed on the aircraft that they knew (but not the greater pilot population at Pan Am) would survive the merger and thus those pilots retain their jobs? WE ARE ALPA.

You are referring to the PAN AM, "Dirty 30", which were mostly management pilots, nice try but I know my history too.

Prater sucks. Boy that Randy Babbitt is being so helpful in his position to ACTUALLY do something. Just goes to show leadership can be bought quite easily.

SWA and AMR pilots have much stronger Union principles. Those real Unions care about you and not about Mesa.

M

YOu forgot about us USAir pilots! WE're in this togehter you know! USAPA is flying it's own flight plan

As usual the issue with pilot pay and benefits is to do with everything other then pilots themselves.

You guys are a managements wet dream and don't even know it.

No reason to get upset, Rez. These idiots aren't going to cost you a dime, because their lawsuit is completely without merit. They'll waste incredible amounts of their own money on legal fees, and then they'll be left with nothing to show for it. Just like the RJDC wankers.

PLC:

Did you pay for training at Gulfstream?

Latest resources

Back