Twa 800

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
414Flyer said:
Is that 135 the one that blew up on approach, because the tank was empty of fuel but full of vapors when the pump got hot?

Yes Sir, Perth Andover Canada, 1989

EagleRJ said:
And it is possible to keep a secret that thousands of people know. The F-117A is a good example. This would also be a clean secret, not a dirty secret, since the objective was to protect the airline industry and the US economy.

I disagree. NTSB investigators and law enforcement officials have, at the very core of their professional existence, a desire to find the truth. I simply find it beyond belief that not a single one of these people have come forward with their suspicions. Particularly the NTSB people.

So here's my question again: Which is more likely?

Dozens if not hundreds of professional military, law enforcement, and trained accident investigators, board members, all sworn to finding out the truth and or following the rule of law have remained silent. Each and every one of them. The Government, which brought you Watergate, Vince Foster, Monica Lewinsky, Randy Cunningham, and so, so, much more, got it right. Everysingle detail in place. Nobody speaking out.

OR

Yet another Boeing Jet is destroyed by a center fuel tank explosion.

Eagle, I appreciate your intelligent discourse, Sir. You answer my question and I'll go check out your link.

LJDRVR said:
So here's my question again: Which is more likely?

Based on the evidence, I think a missile or missiles fired by terrorists is the most plausible explanation. I listed the likelihood of each theory, in my opinion, at the beginning of the thread.

If you're an investigator with the NTSB or a local cop, it's not a matter of what you think, but what you can prove. Although the NTSB was the lead agency in the TWA 800 investigation, the FBI was omnipresent, and many pieces of evidence were seen to be taken by the FBI. The reason no independent official has shown up on CNN is that they would have no corroborating evidence, and they would be endangering their job, their pension, and possibly their freedom. The official story is now "CWT explosion", and government employees really have no choice but to accept that even if they don't believe it.

As an example, there is a lawsuit underway against the FBI under the Freedom of Information Act concerning those metal pellets found during autopsy of some of the victims. The pellets were cataloged by the coroner, and then whisked away by the FBI, never to be seen again. The results of a lab analysis performed on the pellets by the FBI were initially classified "secret". Does this sound like behavior that would be expected when dealing with innocuous debris found in an accident victim?

Gonna have to agree with Eagle on this one guys.... I wasted a few hours at work today sifting through [page after page of online] documents, and there's a bunch of crap that just doesn't add up. The FDR data is incredibly fishy-- and apparently contaminated because the FBI/NTSB tried to omit the last data set, which indicated a 3,000' descent and 100KT drop in airspeed in the space of a second or so-- which is obviously physically impossible but could be explained by a sudden external overpressure (i.e. WARHEAD, etc.).

The mysterious "pellets" in the bodies is another one.....

The [fuselage?] fragment that departed the aircraft to the right at a high rate of speed......

The alleged radar return of a high-speed object in the vicinity of the aircraft prior to the explosion....

The eyewitness accounts (I think it was over 600).....

The military activity in the area at the time of the accident.....

The terrorist threats......

The missing wreckage, some of which was recovered (and documented) by the Navy before disappearing into thin air.....

The FBI traipsing all over everything in a glorious display of sketchy micromanagment.....

Gimme a break. This is not an open-and-shut fuel tank explosion.

9GClub said:
Gonna have to agree with Eagle on this one guys.... I wasted a few hours at work today sifting through [page after page of online] documents, and there's a bunch of crap that just doesn't add up. The FDR data is incredibly fishy-- and apparently contaminated because the FBI/NTSB tried to omit the last data set, which indicated a 3,000' descent and 100KT drop in airspeed in the space of a second or so-- which is obviously physically impossible but could be explained by a sudden external overpressure (i.e. WARHEAD, etc.).

The mysterious "pellets" in the bodies is another one.....

The [fuselage?] fragment that departed the aircraft to the right at a high rate of speed......

The alleged radar return of a high-speed object in the vicinity of the aircraft prior to the explosion....

The eyewitness accounts (I think it was over 600).....

The military activity in the area at the time of the accident.....

The terrorist threats......

The missing wreckage, some of which was recovered (and documented) by the Navy before disappearing into thin air.....

The FBI traipsing all over everything in a glorious display of sketchy micromanagment.....

Gimme a break. This is not an open-and-shut fuel tank explosion.

-YUP!!! And (i sound like a broken record) photos a "projectile" captured over the water taken by Ms. Linda Kabot minutes before the crash.
-Another photo of an exhaust trail rising from the ocean towards the sky (FBI claims it was residue on the lense of the camera, yeh OK!)
-737 pilot reports seeing a strange white light to ATC followed by an intense explosion of the aircraft.
-Pakistan Airlines 747 reports seeing missile streak past from left to right at 16000 on same route of flight as TWA 800 6 months later!!! YES MISSILES CAN GO THAT HIGH THEN..this is CLEAR proof of that.
-TWA begins getting new aircraft when it was not able to afford them financially....hmm government funding possibly to say "we're sorry for what happened, lets make it up to ya!"
-I can ramble on for hours about this....look if this was a conspiracy then how does this all add up!!! Theres just too many "suspicious things"
-Also...whose to say only a few people were in control of the missile launch from the point of origin (ship, land, etc) and ONLY they had to keep it a secret.
-Also.....Suffolk County Police complained the FBI would not let them see certain crash material being removed from the water and shipped them away by truck to never be seen again.
-Radar Blip of an "unidentified object" merging with TWA 800 radar blip seconds before aircraft exploded.
-Seat Cushion material being consistent with missile residue...FBI claims "oh no, it was just normal seat cushion glue. YEH RIGHT and Im Arnold Schwarzenagger.

Here's a question. If it was a terrorist attack, why would the government try to cover it up? It is quite obvious that the government was trying to conceal certain things about the investigation, so does that indicate that maybe the military (navy?) may have brought it down???

Who said it had to be a large vessel full of sailors? It could have been a submarine or a smaller ship or shot from land.......

Last edited:
Flightjock30 said:
No the US Navy was responsible, not terrorists.

Post the proof. How dare you attempt to trash the reputation of those who defend your life with their servce! Do you really think everybody present on a ship LIED because some nefarious government person told them too?

POST THE PROOF OR EDIT YOUR POST!

Last edited:
In the event that a Navy missleboat did bring down TWA 800. How many people on that control deck/center would have really known what happened. A handfull?

It does make you wonder...... why would the gov't be so adamant about covering up a terrorist attack? Maybe 'cause there had been credible threats and folks thought they had dropped the ball. Someone mentioned earlier that an attack would have had serious implications for the upcoming Olympics and elections.

OR......

Maybe it was shot down by the military-- accidentally. I'd have to do some more research, but wasn't that effectively an MOA with drone exercises, etc. going on?

Latest resources

Back