• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Tutt "lost it" in a meeting

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't ever defend some one, but until you have done the job of an agent(gate,baggage, ticketing) fueler, ramper, lav service, supervisor, training and res sales you have no grounds to judge anyone elses job function or performance. I've done all of those things listed above and I appreciate having a job in the flight deck. How many of you can ever say you worked for an airline outside the flight deck? Not many I am sure! Yes, some pilots go above their job description, kudos to them....I am done doing everyone elses job and the reason why we have so many problems is because of the lack of supervision of the employees and the attitude of the employees we hire....OOOOPS yup.....were based in MECCA...GO figure..no wonder good help is in short supply. I am not going to defnd the ATL operation because I see every little thing that is wrong, because I did it and supervised it. I challenge any pilot who thinks they can straighten ATL out, go track down Carmine Testa or Dan Curtan. until then just do your job and nothing more otherwise no matter how much we complain about the operation it will never be fixed and the company will continue to think everything is ok...When it really isn't. Then we come across as know it alls because the company can't survive with out us....I'll tell you what it won't survive, a strong message by voting YES and a possible strike from the pilot group! NO MORE HELpING EVERYONE OUT! I hate this attitude especially for the people who put food on our table. But until the passengers start complaining, our company/jobs will never improve.

Now back to KING TUT, he is a pr!ck who has done similar things at DL as he is trying to do to our pilot group. He has no concept of reality and never will.

n6604f said:
I don't ever defend some one, but until you have done the job of an agent(gate,baggage, ticketing) fueler, ramper, lav service, supervisor, training and res sales you have no grounds to judge anyone elses job function or performance. I've done all of those things listed above and I appreciate having a job in the flight deck. How many of you can ever say you worked for an airline outside the flight deck? Not many I am sure! Yes, some pilots go above their job description, kudos to them....I am done doing everyone elses job and the reason why we have so many problems is because of the lack of supervision of the employees and the attitude of the employees we hire....OOOOPS yup.....were based in MECCA...GO figure..no wonder good help is in short supply. I am not going to defnd the ATL operation because I see every little thing that is wrong, because I did it and supervised it. I challenge any pilot who thinks they can straighten ATL out, go track down Carmine Testa or Dan Curtan. until then just do your job and nothing more otherwise no matter how much we complain about the operation it will never be fixed and the company will continue to think everything is ok...When it really isn't. Then we come across as know it alls because the company can't survive with out us....I'll tell you what it won't survive, a strong message by voting YES and a possible strike from the pilot group! NO MORE HELpING EVERYONE OUT! I hate this attitude especially for the people who put food on our table. But until the passengers start complaining, our company/jobs will never improve.

Now back to KING TUT, he is a pr!ck who has done similar things at DL as he is trying to do to our pilot group. He has no concept of reality and never will.

Yeah, I can dig all that, but what sent Tutt over the edge? What was said that upset him so?

-Blucher:confused:

:eek:Wish I could have been there to see him BLOW his stack!! All that means is that he is pissed that we won't fall for his "the sky is falling" routine! :laugh: Get ready CT and BL, that Strike Vote is coming and it is going to be GREAT!!!! You can bet that I will be there to say something to him about his dilusions and grandure of what " we should expect" for growth! Not Gooona Do It!

Blucher,

One of management type pilots stated that the operation would fall apart if our pilots did not take an active role with the gate, ramp, operations and dispatch above the pilots job description. He got pissed off and was yelling that pilots don't run the airline and don't keep the operation going. IT was very childish. This is not verbatum but a good idea to what exactly happened. I recieved this information from a buddy who was there and witnessed the whole thing.

n6604f said:
Blucher,

One of management type pilots stated that the operation would fall apart if our pilots did not take an active role with the gate, ramp, operations and dispatch above the pilots job description. He got pissed off and was yelling that pilots don't run the airline and don't keep the operation going. IT was very childish. This is not verbatum but a good idea to what exactly happened. I recieved this information from a buddy who was there and witnessed the whole thing.

Well now, what really sucks is that I'm pretty sure I know who that management type pilot was, and he is the one ray of hope left in all the land of management pilot types (other than Mary Jane and Linda, of course, it's always nice to see them). I hope this doesn't trigger his leaving his position. I do highly recommend ALL ASA pilots back up his statement by no longer doing ANY of those little things we've been doing for so long to make the ATL work. After all, he is the one management type pilot who would stick up for us, the least we can do is return the favor. Thanks for the info n6604f.

-Blucher

I stood in the pilot lounge when Tutt just started and heard him say that he could easily see that the pilots kept ASA going. That if the pilots threw their hands up and let everything run by itself ASA would have folded years ago.

I worked on the ASA ramp for over a year.

"slow down white boy" was heard more than once

It was scary

Latest resources

Back