• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PolarTwins55

Heart Attack Hall
POS's.

Anyway, was reviewing for my private checkride today, and those dman turns around points are back! Does anyone have any tips on doing these?

gracias

Schedule your checkride on a no wind day...Then they're really easy...:)

Pick out four objects that surrond the point, all space about the same distance from the point and then connect the dots.( if you can find a small square field that is surrounded on all sides by a road that works best) I always taught my students to only look at the point they are turning about three times. First to pick it, second to know when to start turning and third to know when to stop turning. The rest of the time try to fly over the points that surround your point. Good luck.

Enter on the downwind which will allow for you to go right into the steepest bank angle. Your shallowest bank should be on the up wind. Make sure that you adjust your bank properly to allow for an equal distant turn around that point. Good luck!

PolarTwins55 said:
Anyway, was reviewing for my private checkride today, and those dman turns around points are back! Does anyone have any tips on doing these?

Ruduce your angle of bank on the "upwind" side of the point. Increase it on the "downwind" side of the point".

Read the AFH and PTS, that's what the DPE is reading. Alphabits, once again.

Peter, those are Cheerios.

Willy21 said:
Pick out four objects that surrond the point, all space about the same distance from the point and then connect the dots.

thanks to yall that helped. that was probably one of the best pieces of advice i've been given on this. It makes it mucho mucho easier to visualise the circle, which is where i was fubaring things. I'll have to try this tomorow.

Put your loose change in your left pocket. Untie your right shoe. Put your headset on backwards. This always worked for me. Good luck.

The four points is what I taught. Lots easier to get a new to fly to a point than around one. Good luck on your ride.

TiredOfTeaching said:
The four points is what I taught. Lots easier to get a new to fly to a point than around one. Good luck on your ride.

i agree, i had problems with this manuever as well.. this method resolved problems immediately.

Latest resources

Back