• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Turned down Air Tran 10 years ago

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
2. "Go Around", 3. "You gotta slow down if you want flaps" 4.

I think about a 10 button box should cover the basic often repeated phrases... Anyone have some more phrase ideas to help me finish my product?

Mmmmm ... An excellent start. It's a shame your device wasn't installed during that little 'Burbank thingy'. :D

Perhaps it would be best to edit your recorded phrases keeping irony in mind. Other than that, I think you're on to something.

Im not saying it will turn out this way...but just in case I'll be ready for that first day flying as an F/O with an Airtran Captain... I am working on my device that I will hook to the airplane's intercom. It will have prerecorded messages that the captain will hear from my voice through the intercom just with a push of a button. So far I have come up with 1."We don't do that here", 2. "Go Around", 3. "You gotta slow down if you want flaps" 4. "If you plan on taxiing from the gate, you gotta start the other engine".

I think about a 10 button box should cover the basic often repeated phrases... Anyone have some more phrase ideas to help me finish my product?

wow..spreading the Luv.. huh Kiwi?

In response to the apparent negative impression you have of AAI pilots, I will choose a different road.
I would like to take the time to say thanks to the great people at SWA who
have gone out of their way to say " welcome aboard!" even though the deal is not finished. It says a lot about a group of people who work for a company that respects and rewards their employees for their efforts. SWA is an
incredible company and believes in the culture they are trying to promote. The
folks in the People Dept. have been doing a fine job of selecting those
candidates they think will best further that spirit. This is obviously a huge departure from the norm to take on a large group like the employees of
Airtran. I sincerely believe that my peers here at AAI will go to SWA with an
attitude that only improves the culture you have developed.

I know there are a lot a hurdles to be cleared before this deal is finished and
there are no guarantees, but I would like to say that I am looking forward to
working with all of you guys ( even you Kiwi, the People Dept. must have seen
something in you....right?). Yeah....I know....you were just kidding. I'll let it slide.

Last edited:
Im not saying it will turn out this way...but just in case I'll be ready for that first day flying as an F/O with an Airtran Captain... I am working on my device that I will hook to the airplane's intercom. It will have prerecorded messages that the captain will hear from my voice through the intercom just with a push of a button. So far I have come up with 1."We don't do that here", 2. "Go Around", 3. "You gotta slow down if you want flaps" 4. "If you plan on taxiing from the gate, you gotta start the other engine".

OR .....3. you gotta slow down if ya don't wanna go off the end of the runway. Oh wait....that would be the Captains device activated.

My post was to get TY WEBB fired up. It worked. Didn't even have to quote him but it's clear he is expecting HIS windfall as if it is owed to him.

I don't disrespect the tran. I have already welcomed them several times. It's just the attitude that this windfall is owed to guys like TY WEBB will be interesting. I thought the humor of the prerecorded voice would have just been a fun post. Btw... The behavior of the BUR accident is gone. You will see when you get over here. This place is alot more conservative than most outsiders think.

My post was to get TY WEBB fired up. It worked. Didn't even have to quote him but it's clear he is expecting HIS windfall as if it is owed to him.

Uh, that wasn't worked up, Chief. You made a joke, I made a joke. If you've been in this industry for very long, you probably know it wasn't even an original joke, but it seemed apropos.

Latest resources

Back