Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

satpak77

Marriott Platinum Member
This came up as a form of "hangar talk" the other day.

Please send me the regs (if any) which back me up

It was asked if turbine recurrent, such as B-350 annual recurrent, now conducted at FlightSafety, could be "fulfilled" by conducting "sessions" on a non-motion fixed Flight Training Device, aka Frasca type deal. I said no. Others said, yes it is possible

I rolled my eyes and walked off

comments ? reg cites ? etc ?

Did pc12ng initial and Cheyenne recurrent last year at simcom Orlando in a non motion FTD For both, if the facility is FAA 142 approved then you're good-to-go.

(i) A flight simulator or flight training device may be used to meet the flight review requirements of this section subject to the following conditions:
(1) The flight simulator or flight training device must be used in accordance with an approved course conducted by a training center certificated under part 142 of this chapter.
(2) Unless the flight review is undertaken in a flight simulator that is approved for landings, the applicant must meet the takeoff and landing requirements of ? 61.57(a) or ? 61.57(b) of this part.
(3) The flight simulator or flight training device used must represent an aircraft or set of aircraft for which the pilot is rated.

(i) A flight simulator or flight training device may be used to meet the flight review requirements of this section subject to the following conditions:
(1) The flight simulator or flight training device must be used in accordance with an approved course conducted by a training center certificated under part 142 of this chapter.
(2) Unless the flight review is undertaken in a flight simulator that is approved for landings, the applicant must meet the takeoff and landing requirements of ? 61.57(a) or ? 61.57(b) of this part.
(3) The flight simulator or flight training device used must represent an aircraft or set of aircraft for which the pilot is rated.

Thank you Pickle

Latest resources

Back