Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TSA's Large Aircraft Security Program (TSA at your local FBO)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

alohadmac

Everyone, please take a few minutes to support NBAA's position regarding the Large Aircraft Security Program (LASP). If implemented in it's current form, business aircraft would be subject to TSA screening and security regulations much like the airlines. It will also add more wasteful government spending (ie.. TSA agents at you local Signature FBO). You can read all the details on the NBAA website.

http://www.nbaa.org/ops/security/programs/lasp/

go to the link on the right side of the page under "contact congress letter on TSA's LASP proposal".

Thanks for the link. I put the link on a message board, and emailed all the pilots I knew so they can sign up for it. It only takes 2 to 3 minutes at most, so no excuse not to sign up.

E-mail sent and I encourage all of you to do the same. My rookie Congresswoman is on the Transportation Subcommittee AND the Homeland Security Subcommittee so she's in a position to make a difference on this silliness. The problem is, she's a wacked out lefty and probably thinks every corporate aircraft is nothing but a royal barge for some EEEEEVVILLLL corporate fat cat. Start saving now folks. If this STUPIDITY is enacted, we're all in REAL trouble.

Start saving now folks. If this STUPIDITY is enacted, we're all in REAL trouble.

How are we in REAL trouble?? Not that I'm for any of this crap in any way. I think the TSA was out of control when I had to get fingerprinted the first time. But I'm curious as to how this makes us in trouble??

How are we in REAL trouble?? Not that I'm for any of this crap in any way. I think the TSA was out of control when I had to get fingerprinted the first time. But I'm curious as to how this makes us in trouble??

If enacted as currently written, it is quite likely TSA could make THOUSANDS of airports off limits to aircraft over 12,500 pounds, require expensive, redundant, useless security screening at the airports they DO allow, drive hundreds of single aircraft operators out of aviation (thereby driving up costs for the operators that remain), yada yada yada. How long do you think our clients will continue to pay the premium they pay if they can't fly to the small airports they want because TSA says they are "non-compliant?" This lunacy will DESTROY ALL OF BUSINESS AVIATION if allowed to happen.....which is why the ATA and the airlines SUPPORT it.

I see your point. But the other side of the coin is that they may over step their bounds and it could cost them dearly. The fact of the matter is that the Congress and the Senate reley on contributions to maintain their place in washington. Who makes most of the contributions to these people?? The people who fly on my jet and yours. I'm betting that the fastest way to get the point across is to threaten their purse strings.

Our owners still aren't going to fly on the airlines, they suck beyond belief.

We are headed to a police state all in the name of "security", it really is sad. This was one of the goals of Al Qaeda is have us take away our own freedoms. It is working like a champ. I have written the idiot who is my congressmen and reminded him of where his bread is buttered, but believe he is too stupid to read.

Corporate aviation in this country, in all its forms (traditional, charter, and fractional), has been under constant assault for more than a decade as the realization slowly dawned on airline execs that their best customers were choosing other means of air transport.

First, and still going, was user fees. Then, it was 9/11 (Daley's excuse to close Meigs, Reagan National still effectively closed to GA, TFR's all over, every day, no-fly lists, etc.). Next comes the "Green Police" with their cap-and-trade silliness (guess who will get hammered worse?). Now, the full-on demonization of corporate aviation courtesy of windbags and hypocrites like Barney Frank and Nancy (a Gulfstream is too small so I need a 757) Pelosi.

The behind-the-scenes cheerleaders in all of this have been the leaders of the big airlines. They have money too and they are employing legions of lobbyists on Capitol Hill to drive as many of the high paying customers back to the crowd killers as they can. They won't get them all but as the drumbeat continues, there will be some that give up in frustration and go back to seat 34B.

Corporate aviation in this country, in all its forms (traditional, charter, and fractional), has been under constant assault for more than a decade as the realization slowly dawned on airline execs that their best customers were choosing other means of air transport.

First, and still going, was user fees. Then, it was 9/11 (Daley's excuse to close Meigs, Reagan National still effectively closed to GA, TFR's all over, every day, no-fly lists, etc.). Next comes the "Green Police" with their cap-and-trade silliness (guess who will get hammered worse?). Now, the full-on demonization of corporate aviation courtesy of windbags and hypocrites like Barney Frank and Nancy (a Gulfstream is too small so I need a 757) Pelosi.

The behind-the-scenes cheerleaders in all of this have been the leaders of the big airlines. They have money too and they are employing legions of lobbyists on Capitol Hill to drive as many of the high paying customers back to the crowd killers as they can. They won't get them all but as the drumbeat continues, there will be some that give up in frustration and go back to seat 34B.

Exactly right! This doesn't have anything to do with security or 9/11. It is a full frontal assault on corporate aviation by the airline industry and their supporters. And if you read the NPRM, you will see will be the end of corporate aviation in this country. As in piles of airplanes parked in the desert.

Check out:
http://www.nbaa.org/news/pr/2009/20090123-013.php

And:
http://www.aopa.org/whatsnew/region/2009/090126ca.html

And:
http://www.gama.aero/mediaCenter/pr.php?id=177

Anybody out there who doesn't think they are going to loose their job in corporate aviation as a result if this thing does not understand it...

bump.

Latest resources

Back