• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TSA Screeners Aren't

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is really about reducing screener attrition. TSA figures they'll give the screeners a little more "status" and subject them to fewer hassles, and they won't have to hire as many new high school drop-outs and Jerry Springer alumni as before.

Umm, you haff to be a hi school graduate to work at the TSA. Now go make me a toorkey sandwich.

Relax. They've got badges.

"We have a finite amount of resources and we allocate those where we think the risk is greatest," said Harmon. "It's based on intelligence; it's based on knowledge of our people and our processes."
The TSA says its employees have background checks before they are hired.

So how are pilots any different? Aren't we professionals who have had background checks?

"We have to put our resources where we believe the risk is greatest. Does it really make sense for the Transportation Security officers to spend time screening each other rather than focusing on the unknown out there?" asked Carrie Harmon, TSA public affairs manager.

Yes, Ms. Carrie, because I honestly don't trust ANY TSA agents. Look at the recent history of TSA agent behavior at various airports, and you will find cases of TSA agents stealing from passengers. In addition you will find attitudes of "I have POWER, because I have a BADGE!"

Screw 'em. Biggest threat to our nation are radical terrorists, followed by TSA agents.

Latest resources

Back