Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CrewDog97

Sure beats working...
Last week, ALPA president Capt. John Prater met with the secretary of Homeland Security, Janet Napolitano, and the TSA administrator, John Pistole, to urge their support for obtaining CrewPASS in the near term. Late on Friday, ALPA received an invitation to meet with the TSA this afternoon to discuss this important program. ALPA was informed that the administrator had taken ALPA’s message seriously and that he wants to see CrewPASS implemented as quickly as possible. To help facilitate that, TSA has now dropped its previous requirement for pilots to be enrolled with a biometric (e.g., a fingerprint); this provision will be restored in the future, but what it means for now is that CrewPASS becomes much simpler and less expensive to implement than previously.

The TSA is meeting with the airlines tomorrow (Tuesday) and has asked us to coordinate with the other parties in an effort to facilitate the success of this program. Capt. Prater has reached out to the other crewmember unions and industry officials to develop a consensual solution.

TSA today emphasized that ALPA had “cleared the way” for CrewPASS to become a success.

Excellent. Now, get airline mgmt on-board and we are set.

*$#&#(*# absolutely stupid.

Hey ALPA...gotta get your pat onthe head by TSA, make sure that's mentioned huh??? Lesse drag your ass for 5 years......and then turn around and expect a pat on the head. Don't think so.

So, ALPA "received an invitation" by the most magical,truly dedicated, best bang for the buck government agencies. Wow, this is truly magical. Prater, you are a gift just in time for the holidays. Do I have to share the same security line as the unicorns and rainbows? I mean, it only took 5 years for you guys to get your (insert metaphor) together.

What about the foreign airline crews or us expats with the foreign airline I.D.'s? Will there still be a crew only line at a check point? Maybe with the crewpass at the crew line checkpoint is my guess. Just wondering. So far I haven't been hassled with my Chinese I.D.

Latest resources

Back