• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TSA Relents After Ten Years

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
is this a nationwide rollout of Crewpass, or just at the airports with with the scanners? And they say it's going to happen Friday? Good luck with that.

Finally! I hope it's nationwide. I didn't enjoy my anal probing at DTW yesterday...

...or did I? :D

So does that mean crewpass will be up and running when I go to work tomorrow??

Anyways its great news for us that we are able to get crewpass finally. It took way too long.

We need to make sure that we all keep writing our elected officials so that they change the way that the scanners are used on our passengers. A lot of passengers have said that they will avoid flying as long as these procedures are in use. This could very well lead to the next airline downturn. We need to fight this to help keep our jobs.

So does that mean crewpass will be up and running when I go to work tomorrow??

Anyways its great news for us that we are able to get crewpass finally. It took way too long.

We need to make sure that we all keep writing our elected officials so that they change the way that the scanners are used on our passengers. A lot of passengers have said that they will avoid flying as long as these procedures are in use. This could very well lead to the next airline downturn. We need to fight this to help keep our jobs.

This is a great point. Don't let off the pressure as this is turning passengers away. No passengers, no jobs....

About time! Just realize that the rest of your family isn't off the hook though. If my wife and kids are still subject to this invasion of privacy process that TSA employs, they can still expect me to continue to put up a fight. I will not stand for this government BS!! It's time for the American public to not be passive!

Well I read the article and maybe I missed it but it just says PILOTS... what about the flight attendants too?

WHY THE F**K DID THIS TAKE SO LONG ALPA!!????
Because ALPA has NO power what so ever.
ALPA is also a spineless group who is afraid to stand up to the Government, in fear they might lose their "Seat on CapHill". All the other pilot unions stood up against this crap, except for ALPA. They wanted to cooperate with the Government, and allow it's members to be harassed on a daily basis.
If the guys at National actually flew, they might have a different view on the scanning/pat downs.

Like Swept said, Alpa has no leverage and they still don't. The only reason CrewPASS was pushed through today was because TSA said so. ALPA had no leverage on it, the past 6 years of ALPA sitting on their hands is proof.

Well I read the article and maybe I missed it but it just says PILOTS... what about the flight attendants too?

I say keep them going through the scanner, since they like to smuggle drugs on board. :D

Because ALPA has NO power what so ever.
ALPA is also a spineless group who is afraid to stand up to the Government, in fear they might lose their "Seat on CapHill". All the other pilot unions stood up against this crap, except for ALPA. They wanted to cooperate with the Government, and allow it's members to be harassed on a daily basis.
If the guys at National actually flew, they might have a different view on the scanning/pat downs.

Like Swept said, Alpa has no leverage and they still don't. The only reason CrewPASS was pushed through today was because TSA said so. ALPA had no leverage on it, the past 6 years of ALPA sitting on their hands is proof.

So you dont think that the FACT that Prater met this week with TSA chief Pistole had any influence on the issue at all?????????

The APA and others put out press releases, ALPA met directly with the administration.

Latest resources

Back