• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TSA pilots........Whats wrong with you?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is this how your flight crews usually behave, or are you just not wanting to give Eagle back their aircraft?

the girl in your avatar makes sense. Your comment does not.

what the hell does this have to do with eagle, AND what's the point a blanket statement for an entire pilot group? If that was a valid thing than every airline out there would be a bunch of idiots.

what the hell does this have to do with eagle

TSA has to give back the 10 planes it leases from Eagle, and this particular tail number is one of the 10. Looks like we'll get it back with some repairs.

Better yet, what Captain lets his FO's land like that?

low speed/ idle thrust with a high flare and things can get ugly faster than you can react. Spooling up the engines takes time meanwhile the sink rate is going through the roof. These are swept wing jets, not props and some folks just don't get that. Pulling the nose up makes things 10x worse.

There is a way to prevent that by keeping your hand under the thrust levers but that isn't SOP and kind of insulting to the FO. On the other hand, when the FO makes that kind of comment, beware. But he's been checked out by the training dept., so I guess that doesn't mean much at the regionals these days.

Last edited:
TSA has to give back the 10 planes it leases from Eagle, and this particular tail number is one of the 10. Looks like we'll get it back with some repairs.

Don't worry, I'm sure Trans States Holdings maintenance will do a great job with the repair.

As always, avoidance is the key. The captain is going to get hammered for allowing this to happen.

FO: "My landings are non-standard..."

CA: "Not while I'm the captain, they're not."

details

If I am not mistaken, it is still Trans States MX whch fixes TSA and GoJet.

Correct. Go jet and TSA Holdings do not employ MX. MX is paid by TSA Airlines. MX is contracted to Go jet from airlines. Not that any of that really matters, but that is how it works.

Latest resources

Back