Tsa over manned - tax payers money well spent

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DUBLINFLYER

I just came through the TSA security line at SAN (5:45am) and there were 26+ TSA screeners manning 3 lanes, there was 4 people at 2 checkpoints, 5 per lane and at least 5 standing around at each lane trying to look important. I know its Memorial Day and the loads are light, could TSA not plan their manpower better, they know who is travelling and at what times, its not that hard to schedule your staff.
Oh I forgot its the government and they have to make sure we have enough satff on hand just in case. I bet a good number of them were on premium pay as well. It makes my heart glad to see our hard earned tax dollars being used in such a wasteful manner.
OTW they were all very nice and "yes sir" and "no sir" and "have a nice day sir" - how polite

As much as I'm not a fan of big government and the TSA in general, it might be because the DHS has info on possible attacks around this holiday. Just a thought. Enjoy your Memorial Day and thanks to all the Vet's and those still serving.

TSA is a joke! Tsa has spent over a billion dollars in a face reading program. Was the money well spent h&ll no! They never caught one terriost. In fact, 16 passengers alledegly tied to terror plots passed through security 23 times. I'm sure glad us tax payers could afford getting them all new shiny badges!

Yet they JUST don't have any extra personnel to man a KCM checkpoint at each airport. It would involve a laptop, internet connection and someone capable of punching ID numbers.

Sorry pilots, get in line and take your laptop out yo' bag.

Futsa

Latest resources

Back