• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TSA Now Blaming Eagle?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Freedom from accountability, the burden of education and common sense.

Where do I sign up?

TSA- another fine example of government bafoonery! It's nothing more than "eye-wash" to give some sort of BS sense of security while wasting massive amounts of tax dollars. It's too bad that these clowns won't have to pay one cent for damages and/or the burden of having the schedule completely screwed up.

In order for this "inspector" to access the airplanes, wouldn't he have had to have a SIDA badge? If so, then he had every right to be on the ramp. Where is the security violation?

If he was using the various probes as a ladder to access the jetway, that implies that the jetway was pulled away from the aircraft as per procedure. Where is the security violation?

The FBI's response to this is stunning. It wasn't intential so it's ok? I'm pretty sure that most FAR vilolations by airline personnel are not intentional, yet the FAA is right there, dealing out fines, suspensions, and revocations.

Everytime I go to an airport I see those signs telling me that injuries or death that result from someone damaging an aircraft could be punished with fines, imprisonment and even death. How is this case any different?

tsa got stuck on my airplane the other morning in newport news. they did a "inspection" at 2:30 a.m and had to wait on the aircraft until around 4:30 for the ramp guys to show up because thay could not close the door, yes they opened it. Not sure if the rules have been changed but didnt FAMS have to have a company rep or crew on board to be on the airplane. Guess TSA is bvetter trained.

Right wing stupidity at its finest. Obama didn't create the TSA. Your outstanding Bush administration did, giving them carte blanche to do stuff like this.
I never implied it was the Dems who came up with TSA. I'm well aware of who did.

Right wing stupidity at its finest. Obama didn't create the TSA. Your outstanding Bush administration did, giving them carte blanche to do stuff like this.

In the wake of 19 terrorists not violating any of the rules in effect at the time until they acted, taking control of four aircraft it was the Democrats of Congress that demanded Federal screeners. That the Homeland Insecurity Department has blossomed like a plague can be laid on the White House and Congress alike. However the Bush Administration resisted getting rid of low cost contract labor at airport screening...because as time has proven they were no more inept than their high priced federal replacements.

Latest resources

Back