• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TSA is a Freaking Joke

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TSA in RDU argued about the shank in my boot this morning. So I stuck it in the side of his neck, put my hat on and walked to the airplane.

So much for TSA consistency...

In RIC, and I guess all over, (according to a TSA-all star), we're supposed to remove our ID from the plastic cover so they can "feel" it to make sure it's authentic. Supposedly this is b/c some regional guy lost his and used a photocopy to sub for the real thing before someone finally caught him...anywho...I guess this is new procedure, but only about 2 people do it out of however many are there, and then it's on a selective basis. So much for consistency.

And has anyone ever noticed that it's either one thing or the other when it comes to crew bags going through the machine. Either they run it through 2 or 3 times or they hardly even look at the screen as it goes through. Same goes for showing the ID to the moron 'guarding' the metal detector. This morning in RDU she just waved me through didn't even look at the ID, she was laughing her ass off at one of her insolent co-worker joking around next to her.

CREW PASS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats actually starting to get pretty common now. PHL was the first place I ran into it. I beilve EWR did it too. Anyways I had a trip where I was told that a lot so I decided to take my ID out of the plastic just cause the only one it really was a pain in the azz for was me. On a side note have you ever noticed that you can cover the picture part of your ID and 90% of the time they will let your thru no problems, but if you cover up the expiration date they will cut your balls off?

The other morning we had 2 TSA agents doing "Aircraft Inspections"
The one was training the other. She took her straight back to the lav and was off the airplane before I could even put my bag in the closet.

So now our Homeland Security is looking in our toilets? I wish I would have dropped a duece before they showed up.

Just little robots following the instructions they were taught them, cut them some slack, they got turned down when they applied for the job at Burger King. In the future don't bring yourself down to their level.

The one i love is that i have to show my drivers license because im told by TSA that my company ID is not valid? Like i cant like most illegals go out and buy a license thats fake
Gotta love government at work hahahahhaa what a joke

I was told the same thing....IN UNIFORM! And 30 minutes later I was sitting in the jumpseat......

I'm not defending the TSA idiots but, I used to fly for a 135 fractional and our SOP's specifically stated that passengers must have a government issued ID.
I took great pleasure in the look that John Ornstein gave me as I declined his Mesa Airlines ID as a proper form of identification and requested to see his driver's license or passport!:D

In DEN yesterday I went through and watched no less than 12 TSA's go though the "wheelchair" gate WITH their backbacks, coolers, purses...not one was screened, no bags screened. Nada. TSA likes to say "well, we're screened at the start of our shift." But they were saying, "good morning," and "ready to start" and the like to each other. They CLEARLY weren't coming back from smoke break. (Incidently, if a crew member goes out for one, they have to be rescreened, but TSA strolls back in. "We'll, why would *we* bring something in to hurt anyone?" Isn't that our argument, too?) Lord help us...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back