Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Stick Man

its a JEEP thing...Y W U!
I heard a rumor from a current pilot in training that they were hiring some into the left seat (or more accurately - hiring pilots who were left seat qualified into an accelerated left seat program).

Is this just a bunch of crap or is there some level of truth to this rumor?

J-41 CQFO. Its a dirty four-letter word on www.tsalounge.com. Also perhaps some J4J jet cappys, I can't remember from the website.

I think most the CQFOs are furloughed mainline guys, and maybe some were former waterskiiers. Regardless of where they came from, J-41 FOs are getting bent over because of it.

It was true they were hiring them into the turboprops. The last round of CQFO's is in class right now. They arent hiring any more CQFO's. I think the company learned their lesson though. They have created a lot of problems on the line and now are quitting at a rate of about 1 per week. Or not cutting it in the sim.

TSA Pilot

Last edited:
CQFO is a better deal than hiring street capt's isn't it?

IF the FO's don't have the time to upgrade, what are they complaining about?

They have the time to upgrade. Management is trying to save on training costs. How would you feel if you paid your dues as an FO and were next in line for upgrade and then the company brings someone off the street as a Captain. That's why it's so wrong. If you think that this is a good deal you are definately in the wrong business.

The contract is a little vague. It permits them to do this in dire circumstances when our growth taxes our resources so much that they cant pull pilots off line to put them into upgrade. However it states that they will continue to upgrade, until CQFO's are bidding as FO's. Well the company pulled a fast one and was only sending 2 senior FO's to upgrade class each month on the turboprops and hiring 15 CQFO's at the same time. Thinking that they were meeting their obligation. Like I said before it is coming back to bite them and they have since stopped hiring CQFO's and we have a grievance in right now. It just takes time.

If the Fo's have upgrade mins, then it is BS, certainly.

I have heard some complaining from those without the flight time.

Different scenario. How does mgmt explain this action?

Even those fo's who don't have the time to upgrade are losing out on this because they are still on reserve after 3 years seniority while these cqfo's are getting LINE's, captain lines, with less than 2 months seniority. Total BS no matter how you look at it. Also, there are PLENTY of qualified fo's ready to upgrade.

nck4857 said:
Even those fo's who don't have the time to upgrade are losing out on this because they are still on reserve after 3 years seniority while these cqfo's are getting LINE's, captain lines, with less than 2 months seniority.

I don't understand this. It's true that the company is assigning captain lines to the more senior cqfo's but how does that affect fo's who haven't the time to upgrade?

And for the record, if there's even ONE fo (with the time) being bypassed for upgrade that's unacceptable. Hopefully the grievances will punish the company.

Dude

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back