TSA comes to conclusion that pilots aren't a threat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

StarChk20

The TSA memo proposes to minimize the number of passengers who must be patted down at checkpoints. It also recommends that certain categories of passengers be exempt from airport security screening, such as members of Congress, airline pilots, Cabinet members, state governors, federal judges, high-ranking military officers and people with top-secret security clearances.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8917950/

"Edmund S. "Kip" Hawley, an assistant secretary of homeland security, directed his staff to propose changes in how the agency screens 2 million passengers a day. The staff's first set of recommendations, detailed in an Aug. 5 document, includes proposals to lift the ban on various carry-on items such as scissors, razor blades and knives less than five inches long."

Mr Hawley has obviously never been on the business end of "a knife less than five inches long."

Oh, yeah,

I was in a security line just the other day. With me were 30 members of Congress, 10 to 15 Governors, a half-dozen Cabinet Members and the Joint Chiefs of Staff! Breezing those guys and gals right on through would have shaved about 20 minutes off the 40 minute ordeal!

PLEAZE!

Definately a surpluss of crack-pipes down at the TSA and Homeland Security. "Hey, tommy, 'you done with that spoon?"

100-1/2

I know. I know. Tommy is gone. I just couldn't think of the new tricky dick's name.

100-1/2

Latest resources

Back