• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TSA brilliance strikes again!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What ex-TSA Director lobbied to get this contract approve with the Advanced Technology Inc? I bet this guy even had stock in the company. Like the L2 scanners, it has nothing to do with safety, and everything to do with making money. Lobbying the right people, and people profitting off from the government being 'forced' to buy these trash equipment pieces.

It's OK, they have only spent 58 Billion dollars since they started, what's a few more billion?

I think the dog-and-pony show is over, at least at CVG. Went through there a couple times in the last few days with crap strewn throughout my bags with no problem. I think they may have been shown the folly of their ways after a few days of experience with a de-hubbed airport with a slew of commuting crews!

Oh, and the "crew lane" at CVG is a JOKE! I got a pleasant ear-full from a disgruntled pair of pax when I jumped up to join my crew at the x-ray. I stood my ground and pressed on in front of the sad-sacs anyway. His snippy comment afterwards about how flight crews are 'loved all over' for doing this only made me want Known Crewmember to roll-out even faster so as not to deal with this craaap!

Oh, and the "crew lane" at CVG is a JOKE! I got a pleasant ear-full from a disgruntled pair of pax when I jumped up to join my crew at the x-ray. I stood my ground and pressed on in front of the sad-sacs anyway. His snippy comment afterwards about how flight crews are 'loved all over' for doing this only made me want Known Crewmember to roll-out even faster so as not to deal with this craaap!

Sounds like a walk in the park compared to the complete absence of crew lanes at LGA. At least there weren't a few years ago. Try blasting your way in front of a bunch of New Yorkers in a hurry.

I have noticed a lot more pax that are getting upset at us hopping to the front of the line. I thought that was "the deal."

I have noticed a lot more pax that are getting upset at us hopping to the front of the line. I thought that was "the deal."

"Sir, I think this is as stupid as you do. I don't have the power to change it, but your congressman does. Please call him."

Repeat as necessary.

First off, we we all - en mass - refused to cut and stood in long line, delaying departures then the airlines would force a change or deal with late flights nationwide every day.

Next, I thought as crew members, we were exempt from the liquids/gels ban?!?!? Why on earth then, are we subject to these machines??? Our company has told us we now have to keep our liquids separate for inspection. What's up with this crap?

Lastly, I thought crew pass was to be expedited nationwide after that body scanner fiasco! Whats going on here?!?!?!?

Problem is, some of our duty in locations are the gate, and not the curb or ticket counter. So do we cut in line, or leave the hotel 10-15 minutes earlier so we can all stand in line with the passengers?

I just tell them "All employees go to the front of the line, including crewmembers." I usually get the ******************************y roll of the eyes from the comment-maker, indicating that he acknowledges he has not been slighted by a self-entitled airline pilot, and also indicating that he is in fact a ******************************bag.

Sounds like a walk in the park compared to the complete absence of crew lanes at LGA. At least there weren't a few years ago. Try blasting your way in front of a bunch of New Yorkers in a hurry.

LGA does have crew lines.. I'm told by TSA to use them even when I'm in line without a uniform while commercialing.

Latest resources

Back