• Watchers 5

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SouthTex said:
So in terms of hurricane preparation, lets go over the list one more time.

1. Water...that's a given
2. Non-perishable food...gotta eat right?
3. Gas...Oh $hit, this town is running out!!!
4. Wife, kids, pets...will I really miss the wife?

I think two (three) items were left out of the list (conveniently omitted on the news as well)

5. beer, wine or your choice of drinky
6. cigarettes
7. well - if you are not alone and are not ready for kids in nine months...

No my friend, the other way around. I thought more people than the 4 or so of us would have heard about this. How is A-town nowadays?

Well, I'm gonna get toasted for this, but if it comes down to getting my family out of harm's way or going to work to confiscate grandma's cuticle scissors, guess which one I would do? Would any of you do any differently?

Singlecoil,

I understand that and would do the same thing, but when you and 100 of your pahtnahs don't even call in!!! It sounds like the actions and behavior of a teenage fry cook at any fast food joint of your choosing.

KeroseneSnorter said:
??......Oh, you are talking about when perishable water gives you gas and the wife gets all like "ewww you are nasty" and throws you to the couch for the night and then you wake up with the pets laying on your face and the kids screaming for fruit loops right?......Oh and your job sucks.....and you live in Texas......and it blows.....because of the hurricane.

OK now I know what you are talking about!! :)
Yea, but you gotta look at the bright side, Texas is an NFA o.k. state. Which is a good thing, if you can afford it.

Meiguy said:
Ya, so apparently only 89 of the 900 or so TSA people decided to get an early start leaving town and not tell anyone about it. Made for a smooth operation all the way around. Most outgoing flight were delayed just to accomodate the people who couldn't get through security. The line was insane. Gate agents, rampers, pilots, were all short staffed making for a pretty chaotic day to say the least. Hope everyone was able to get out. And for those stuck at outstations for a few days I hope you have a good one. Or at least a cool crew.
I'll bet you a beer, that your awarness of inbound nuclear missiles, will be preceeded by a maximus exodous of police cars...filled to the brim with good stuff and cops.

SouthTex said:
No my friend, the other way around. I thought more people than the 4 or so of us would have heard about this. How is A-town nowadays?

Whoops, sorry, gotten too used to seeing personal attacks that I start looking for them when they're not there. Guess that's what I get for posting on flightinfo after I get back from a four day trip with a couple a$$-crack of dawn wake up calls. Austin controllers were going nuts yesterday handling about twice the traffic they're used to from people trying to get away.

FN FAL said:
Yea, but you gotta look at the bright side, Texas is an NFA o.k. state. Which is a good thing, if you can afford it.

NFA ok state? what's that?

Latest resources

Back