• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TSA Agents Want to be Airline Pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was going thru atl checkpoint the other day and I heard the "tsa pit boss" the guy in the suit scream...

"HEY MAHOGANEY, TELL EBONY AND QUNISH!TA TO GET THEIR BLACK A$$ES OVER HERE NOW"...

I was totally appauled that somone would yell that at the top of their lungs at the airport

Originally Posted by hockeypilot44
Alright, I'll bite. I never met a TSA agent that would go $100,000 in debt to get a job that pays $25,000/year. I have met plenty of pilots in the exact same scenario, and most of them are happy because they are flying a 170 or 900. They can't support themselves yet alone a family, but they're happy. Apparently, that is all that matters in this world.

I really dislike the TSA, but sometimes I feel that we are just as low as them if not lower. Look at some of the grammar and spelling on this board. We're not exactly the most intelligent people in the world here.

Actually, I think this comment is one of the most ignorant I have heard. Nobody here gets up to $100k in debt in schooling to STAY at a job starting out at $25k/year. Yes we are all aware that it takes a few years to move up the financial ladder of flying, but every pilot that starts this career aspires to eventually make it at a major or national knowing they will be better rewarded financially. Before anybody slams that comment about today's airline conditions, I am well aware that it certainly isn't what it used to be or should be as far as pay and work rules. My point being that nobody pays that much and gets that much schooling to purposely stay at a low paying job. Everyone knows they will have to gut it out for a while until they get the experience to move up, even doctors. After reading this would you call them all idiots. I find a strong parallel between the start of both careers, flame away:

Doctors spend a minimum of 11 years in education and training after the age of 18. Many are in training for 15 years or more. They are living on student loans and contributing zero to their family's income until the residency years. At that time they earn less than minimum wage if you factor in the 80-100 hour workweek. When a doctor emerges from training, he/she averages $160k in debt , is over 30 years old and is usually feeling older.

Simple-

Look the person up and down.... ponder for a minute

"you don't have it trust me. If it was easy everyone would be doing it"

Latest resources

Back