Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Amish RakeFight

Registered Loser
Anyone ever have a TSA agent ask them how one becomes an airline pilot? Are there current TSA agents on this board who are pursing a flying career?

I'm curious as to whether TSA agents monitor this board in an official or unoffical manner and whether some of them are aspiring to become pilots.

I met a CFI once that became a TSA agent to help pay the bills. He said the pay was good, hours were good, and qualifications are non-existent. I'm surprised more recent furloughees haven't taken it up part time. I know it's a little degrading, and working for the enemy, but it's steady if you can stay awake.

can you be a pilot and not have a high school diploma. i would think that you need to have at least an average intelligence to be a pilot although not every pilot i have met falls inot this category. so i guess if you are a minority and working for the tsa you have a chance.

It appears no one comes to the defense of TSA agents when they get raked, so I'll guess there aren't any around here or are too ashamed to actually admit to being one of these tools.

But I am curious as to whether they think the next big step is the pilots uniform.

It appears no one comes to the defense of TSA agents when they get raked, so I'll guess there aren't any around here or are too ashamed to actually admit to being one of these tools.

But I am curious as to whether they think the next big step is the pilots uniform.

I'm ashamed, as an American, that they are still around. Another national joke.

Their next big step will be their first small step!!!:laugh:

When they ask you that, or anything else for that matter, they don't really give a crap about what they are asking. They are simply getting you to talk so they can smell your breath for alcohol.

I was with a TSA manager in a Regional Indoc. Deer in headlights look for the duration. About a week and a half into it, late in the afternoon, she got up, went to the "bathroom" and was never seen again.

Alright, I'll bite. I never met a TSA agent that would go $100,000 in debt to get a job that pays $25,000/year. I have met plenty of pilots in the exact same scenario, and most of them are happy because they are flying a 170 or 900. They can't support themselves yet alone a family, but they're happy. Apparently, that is all that matters in this world.

I really dislike the TSA, but sometimes I feel that we are just as low as them if not lower. Look at some of the grammar and spelling on this board. We're not exactly the most intelligent people in the world here.

Last edited:
can you be a pilot and not have a high school diploma. i would think that you need to have at least an average intelligence to be a pilot although not every pilot i have met falls inot this category. so i guess if you are a minority and working for the tsa you have a chance.

FWIW, I soloed an aircraft at 16 and earned my private at 17... yep, I was a junior in HS and without a diploma.....

However, I do understand the spirit of your comment though... Most of the TSA I've encountered are flunkies in the truest sense!

Latest resources

Back