TS A ramp checks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jj21211

Have any of youy also been getting TS A appearances at your destination? They do call to give you a bit of an advance notice, but we've had two recently. Hmmmmm...

Had it once at one of the smaller airports only served by regional airlines,they just kinda snooped around and asked stupid questions. Pretty much non event.

I got boarded by Dept. of Homeland Security agents last night, and it happened as well about 3 months earlier. Both times out of the same general aviation airport.

I got boarded by Dept. of Homeland Security agents last night, and it happened as well about 3 months earlier. Both times out of the same general aviation airport.

Can they do that? As I don't operate part 121 anymore, my thoughts would be to tell them to pound sand.

If you're 125 or 135, I think we'll be getting more attention. They can fine you for alot of stuff. If you are under PCSSP, make sure you have current (2010) PCSSP document available, 'cause they can fine you if you dont. They interviewed us for almost an hour after we put our plane to bed on the road last week.
Nice people, but some are super serious about this stuff.

Both times they were pretty cool, we are Part 135, the first time they asked to come aboard, the second they just came on board. I am pretty low key about that sort of thing, quite often you cause yourself more trouble by acting 'non-compliant' then just letting them do their thing. The first time they brought a Dope Dog, no big deal. They were spot checking lots of folks on the field that night. They delayed us about 10 minutes out bound. The second time, it was after we landed and were at US Customs, waiting for our turn to clear, no Dog that time. Truthfully, they seemed more interested in learning more about the plane than anything..

Yeah, we are exempt from the PCSSP and we do not fit the criteria below:

Part 121, 125 and 135 operators that charter aircraft with a maximum certificated takeoff weight greater than 45,500 kg (100,309.3 pounds), or with a passenger seating configuration of 61 or more, must ensure that all passengers and accessible baggage are screened prior to boarding the aircraft. Additionally, these operators must have a security program that establishes the required security components for private charter operations.

Can they do that? As I don't operate part 121 anymore, my thoughts would be to tell them to pound sand.

Don't kid yourself. Telling the Terrorist Police to pound sand in this day and age will get you sent to GULAG.

Both times they were pretty cool, we are Part 135, the first time they asked to come aboard, the second they just came on board. I am pretty low key about that sort of thing, quite often you cause yourself more trouble by acting 'non-compliant' then just letting them do their thing. The first time they brought a Dope Dog, no big deal. They were spot checking lots of folks on the field that night. They delayed us about 10 minutes out bound. The second time, it was after we landed and were at US Customs, waiting for our turn to clear, no Dog that time. Truthfully, they seemed more interested in learning more about the plane than anything..

Yeah, because marijuana is such a threat to national security.:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back