• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Truth behind Colgan leaving US Airways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Who said working for Colgan was bad for us and our families. So far, this job has turned out to be a good move. I get to fly full time, make enough to live decently, and get to be home almost every night. Wow, doesn't sound to bad to me (and hasn't been).

If I decide that I am underpaid or that the job isn't worth it, I'll take it up with management and at that point they can either pay me more or lose me. I do not appreciate you telling me what wages I should work for. If I didn't feel appropriately compensated, I would quit. Until then, I am happy with my job and my pay.

Yes, unions are important but a union should not be unreasonable or force supposedly free Americans to do anything solely because the majority says that they are wrong. Will I fly for an airline with a union? Yes. Is it a necessity? No. And the reason why is because I am an adult and can take responsibility for my own employment decisions.

If you feel you aren't getting paid enough, get another job, don't blame me because we have a difference of oppinion on what reasonable pay and benefits are.

And by the way, Colgan flys mostly 34 seat planes, and supposedly is trying to phase out the 1900s as able.

relax man, stress comes from being someone that does the outsourcing, just like the customer service peeps in India. I bet they are stressed also, but at least they are home every night.
/dumb

cjcpilot said:
If I decide that I am underpaid or that the job isn't worth it, I'll take it up with management and at that point they can either pay me more or lose me. I do not appreciate you telling me what wages I should work for. If I didn't feel appropriately compensated, I would quit. Until then, I am happy with my job and my pay.

Hmmm, you have got to be single (Or have a wife that makes twice as much as you). Because we have a few cologan guys at Piedmont and I know a family with a kid couldn't live on what that Airline pays.
And why do I have this wierd feeling that if you ever went to management and asked them to pay you more or you'll lose me....... lol, you'd be gone!!! Underbid again by a new captain ready to fly for what you now refused to fly for...... Idiot!!!

Who said working for Colgan was bad for us and our families. So far, this job has turned out to be a good move. I get to fly full time, make enough to live decently, and get to be home almost every night. Wow, doesn't sound to bad to me (and hasn't been).

Yes, unions are important but a union should not be unreasonable or force supposedly free Americans to do anything solely because the majority says that they are wrong. Will I fly for an airline with a union? Yes. Is it a necessity? No. And the reason why is because I am an adult and can take responsibility for my own employment decisions.

If you feel you aren't getting paid enough, get another job, don't blame me because we have a difference of oppinion on what reasonable pay and benefits are.

And by the way, Colgan flys mostly 34 seat planes, and supposedly is trying to phase out the 1900s as able.

....umm, sounds like mgmnt/mikey again.

"If I decide that I am underpaid or that the job isn't worth it, I'll take it up with management and at that point they can either pay me more or lose me. I do not appreciate you telling me what wages I should work for. If I didn't feel appropriately compensated, I would quit. Until then, I am happy with my job and my pay."

i found a few words you forgot to boldface italicize, i also threw some underlining in at key points. now its perfect.

Hmmm... Colgan unfortunately just got Saab "A" models on the line now for UAL contract. There continues to be the rumor from Manassas that a new "type" is to be announced in a few months.

Giggity giggity giggity ... alllll rrriiiggghhhtttt....

Latest resources

Back