• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Truth About Colgan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My position on the union has changed. From being for it to against it. I don't plan on being here at colgan for my then a couple more years like most of us. Hell if Alpa is unable to negotiate a contract with pinnacle mgmt then how are they going to get us a contract. It would be one thing if it was the old family owned colgan air. but its not, it is pinnacle the same company that has denied a new contract for over two years. So it boils down to this, who wants to pay 2% for then next few years for no improvement. By the time colgan gets a contract we will be gone, so let the future colgan pilots go through the same crap they we go through now both good and bad. All the regionals suck and are under paid. Wages will increase with demand, just like anything else. With fewer pilots and an increasing demand we will have a choice, its a fact. So I say no to the union and will not be voting next month.

So where does that leave us when we don't have a union? One big happy "family"? If you believe that then you are nuts.

We had a couple of folks come to crapex as management that had been at Express 1 in the bad old days. They brought all their abusive baggage with them. I really don't think that the corporate model has changed at Pinnicle too much from what I have read. NWA has been terrible in dealing with their regional partners.

Contract or not it would be ill advised not to get some kind of representation in there...when the contract stuff drags on you need to seek release to self help ASAP. That is the only thing people like this pay attention to.

I would recommend that you vote yes-even if you won't reap the benifits you won't have contributed to the continuation of one of most abusive sets of work rules in the regionals.

People that would vote NO cause it won't help them are self centered, short sighted and don't deserve to
progress any farther than Colgan...

It won't be easy and it won't be fun and you need to have some really sharp, dedicated people running the union-it will only be as good as the participation of the crewmembers.

My two cents worth.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Selfish and short sighted

My position on the union has changed. From being for it to against it. I don't plan on being here at colgan for my then a couple more years like most of us. Hell if Alpa is unable to negotiate a contract with pinnacle mgmt then how are they going to get us a contract. It would be one thing if it was the old family owned colgan air. but its not, it is pinnacle the same company that has denied a new contract for over two years. So it boils down to this, who wants to pay 2% for then next few years for no improvement. By the time colgan gets a contract we will be gone, so let the future colgan pilots go through the same crap they we go through now both good and bad. All the regionals suck and are under paid. Wages will increase with demand, just like anything else. With fewer pilots and an increasing demand we will have a choice, its a fact. So I say no to the union and will not be voting next month.

Really? That's short-sighted and very selfish. The contract could be in place in a much shorter time. This vote is for all professional pilots now and in the future. It is about all of us now at Colgan and those yet to come. We need to make it better for everyone in the industry and this company. The only way we can do that is to vote yes now.

It won't be easy and it won't be fun and you need to have some really sharp, dedicated people running the union-it will only be as good as the participation of the crewmembers.

My two cents worth.

Good luck!

That is the whole reason to vote no at Colgan, we have none of the above, just like every union I have seen and dealt with.

What unions have you dealt with in the past Brae123? The "Association of Unified Apron Strings", doesn’t count! And if all your fellow crew members are idiots why don’t you step up, if your so wise and experienced. Oh that’s rights that would involve you cutting the apron strings, putting on your big boy pants, and acting like a professional. Quite frankly you’re the dull one, if you enjoy the daily beatings we receive here. We expect to be treated like professionals, so why don’t we do the professional thing and vote YES. Cause right now were swimming in whale poop! So LETS MAKE IT BETTER and VOTE YES 31 Jul-21 AUG 07.

What unions have you dealt with in the past Brae123? The "Association of Unified Apron Strings", doesn’t count! And if all your fellow crew members are idiots why don’t you step up, if your so wise and experienced. Oh that’s rights that would involve you cutting the apron strings, putting on your big boy pants, and acting like a professional. Quite frankly you’re the dull one, if you enjoy the daily beatings we receive here. We expect to be treated like professionals, so why don’t we do the professional thing and vote YES. Cause right now were swimming in whale poop! So LETS MAKE IT BETTER and VOTE YES 31 Jul-21 AUG 07.

Vote Brae Sucks ! OR PEDRO!

If your the example of professionalism at Colgan then you are right, we are screwed.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back