Trump - The Apprentice

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NTXPilot said:
Don't think so. Bought the 727 from Diamond Shamrock for 8 million.
Incidentally, one of my favorite parts of his show was the time (I think Season 2) where he took all the applicants out to the airport, overlooking an FBO with a ramp full of Gulfstreams, and large corporate aircraft.

He said something to the effect of "Look at all those aircraft out there, and how small they are. Each one costs upwards of $50 million. I purchased my jet from a scrap yard (forgot the term he used), for a little under $10 million. Look how much nicer my airplane is then theirs, and for a fraction of the cost!"

Classic Trump...

User997 said:
Unless they're putting Mercedes logo's on McLaren's now, then that was a Mercedes that he drove up in. I just pulled the show back up on my DVR, and rewatched the opening sequence, and two or three times it very clearly showed the Mercedes emblem on the fron tof the car as he's racing down the runway. It appears to me that its the Mercedes thats in the opening credits of his show every season.

You're right and wrong at the same time. SWEET.
It's a Mercedes McLaren SLR. I just didn't say Mercedes because you don't say Mercedes. You say SLR.

Check it:

http://www.bigglook.com/biggauto/wallpaper/image/mercedes_slr.jpg

Well, now I'm a little more educated in the world of finer cars. See, I don't have to make such distinctions driving around in my Toyota. :D

Actually, when you had mentioned McLaren I was thinking of the exotic sports car: http://www.fantasycars.com/derek/cars/f1.html

And I was never under the impression that Mercedes built that.

After looking around at photos of the SLR on the web, that car is SMOKING HOT!

VaB said:
That was no car, that was a McLaren SLR. $450,000.

As a side note: I heard some guy here at FedEx talking about getting one. His peepee must be microscopically tiny.

Who is that, Fred Smith?

:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back