Trump - The Apprentice

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sky37d

Monday night, replayed tonight, episode featured his 727. I was suprised to see that his 727 is registered as VP-BDJ.

Isn't he supposed to have it registered in the US, if it is based in the US?

Or maybe it's based in Cayman's, just spends most of it's time in NY.

Nothing requires him to register it in the United States.

I've heard there's some tax advantages of having it registered with that particular country. Also, I've noticed many of the BBJ's and larger corporate aircraft use that designation as well.

I watched "The Apprentice" too and really enjoyed the opening shots of the 727 flying over the town. Nice touch too how Donald drives his Mercedes right up to the back of the 727 that's parked at the threshold of the runway!

Yeah, it was a pretty picture.
Money is good, as much as he has is even better.
However, back to the question.

For some strange reason, I thought that aircraft that regularly operated in the United States have to be registered here.
Oh, and on Flight Aware, he went from VQQ, to LGA, at 28000. No RVSM??

sky37d said:
Monday night, replayed tonight, episode featured his 727. I was suprised to see that his 727 is registered as VP-BDJ.

Isn't he supposed to have it registered in the US, if it is based in the US?

Or maybe it's based in Cayman's, just spends most of it's time in NY.

A lot of airplanes and boats are owned by Americans but registered in a tax free country. I know a guy with a $4 million yacht that has it registered in the Turks and Caicos to avoid paying taxes on it. The only requirement is that it spends a certain amount of time each year out of the states, 90 days I believe.

i doubt trumps duece spends more than 90 days a year outside the US. it almost never moves from LGA. Maybe twice in the past year and its back a few days later.

Unless they're putting Mercedes logo's on McLaren's now, then that was a Mercedes that he drove up in. I just pulled the show back up on my DVR, and rewatched the opening sequence, and two or three times it very clearly showed the Mercedes emblem on the fron tof the car as he's racing down the runway. It appears to me that its the Mercedes thats in the opening credits of his show every season.

And I don't believe his 727 is RVSM. I looked him up on FlightAware a couple months ago, and all his flights were at FL280. Including one where he went from New York to California at FL280. No one who has RVSM, and in their right mind, would fly a 727 cross country at FL280!! But when you got his money, whats a few hundred extra gallons an hour?!

I also think his 727 is the only aircraft he personally owns. I'm sure the Trump Orginization has a few big-hitters like some Gulfstreams, but the 727 is Donald's own personal aircraft.

Just my .02

Latest resources

Back