• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Truer words never spoken...................from V70T5

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hope your talking about TAFB. I did international and could never even come CLOSE to flying that 250 flight hours...

my understanding is the fa's would do 10 hour round trip transons 20+ times a month through mofia trip trading. they might only get 200 hours per month but those are some big numbers.

my real issue is how they make their contracts with force. mangement believes the fa and mechanics threats and laughs at the pilots.

The low pay is tough, but I am not here to complain about that. All that i ask is a shred of respect and appreciation from others in the industry. We all have been through the same beginnings, so please dont think less of me for taking a job. We all have to start somewhere.
You'd get more respect if you stayed in the corporate / charter world making more.

Many of us were able to get to the left seat of an RJ or the right seat of a Major without EVER taking a job less than $20k a year.

Hell, I've NEVER made that little in my lifetime... and I spent 2 years instructing and 6 months in the right seat of a King Air.

If you truly think that's what you're worth, then good for you. But you won't get an OUNCE Of respect from me for doing it.

I personally think pilots are worth more than that.

As for the guy who said pilot salaries end "in the stratosphere",,, you need a reality check.

Log onto www.airlinepilotpay.com and do the math with the year 10+ CA salaries at just about every major out there (FDX and UPS excluded).

Anything less than $200,000 yearly for a widebody senior CA is simply unacceptable, and should be met with the BIGGEST union drive of all time to raise salaries once your respective carriers are out of bankruptcy.

They RAPED the pilots the last 4 years; it's time to take it back.

Yeah, but.....

When I left the Air Force after 28 yrs of training I owed $200,000 for my house, $45,000 for my Caddy, $30,000 for my Volvo, $24,000 for my Tahoe and then there was my golf membership for $1200 and my Bass boat (dual GPS) $40,000.

....you are still shopping at the PX and wear black socks with white tennis shoes on the overnights.:):):)

Some thoughts
You'd get more respect if you stayed in the corporate / charter world making more. (Agreed, bottom line is people simply rushed into this career with stars in their eyes without doing the proper research about wages, odds of getting to a major etc. They didn't do their homework and now they are crying foul because they were "duped". Even in the boom days getting on at a major was far from a guarantee. Not everyone wants to live the charter or corporate lifestyle. You always have to start somewhere.)

If you truly think that's what you're worth, then good for you. But you won't get an OUNCE Of respect from me for doing it. ( Respect does not really matter though, everyone has choices to make. The real reason why a lot of people complain about their wages after first year pay is student loans. No one forced people to take out 100k in loans. This is a huge reason why pilots are so poor, a ton of their paycheck goes to pay off student loans every month)

They RAPED the pilots the last 4 years; it's time to take it back. (Not one pilot concession package has been imposed, every single one has been voted for by the majority. The old saying goes you can't rape the willing.)

Jealous of a pr$ck like you, I don't think so. If I wanted to get a job screwing employees and spewing bullsh#t, there are other lines of work.

Actually screwing employees isn't really on managements mind. The most important things when you are in management is when is the next lunch at fancy restaurant and when is my next tee time? You guys really to hard on management. Sounds like sour grapes to me.

Management works too hard for my taste - I like my days off, thankyouverymuch.

Incidentally, I'm fairly certain that the 40% who voted "No" in those concessionary deals (almost all of them were 60/40 splits) would beg to differ with you on whether they were raped or not.

But then again, I could be barking up the completely wrong tree. Maybe we've all overpaid and should just be thankful we're not working at McDonald's and never, ever ask for more money again. :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back