Truer words never spoken...................from V70T5

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OMG! I think I've seen it all now.

Maybe you should try for UPS management.....you'll fit right in.....AND they'll hire you with less time than they hire line pilots.

So what exactly is wrong with being in management? More money, more bonuses and chances to advance your career. Being a management pilot is like the best of both worlds. You get to fly once in a while, make manager money and have more advancement chances. Seems like a win win to me. I think a lot of pilots are just jealous of those in management.

So what exactly is wrong with being in management? More money, more bonuses and chances to advance your career. Being a management pilot is like the best of both worlds. You get to fly once in a while, make manager money and have more advancement chances. Seems like a win win to me. I think a lot of pilots are just jealous of those in management.

Best of both worlds? Yes, it's great to know everyone hates you. Not that management types care because it's obvious they are the epitomy of ME ME ME. Yup, that's it. I'm jealous of someone that sold their soul to the devil.

I'm jealous because I wish I could f*** over other employees for my own greed....that's it.

No! I'm jealous because I wish I could call pilots up to ask them why they were delayed or why they called in sick. GMAFB!

Jealous of a pr$ck like you, I don't think so. If I wanted to get a job screwing employees and spewing bullsh#t, there are other lines of work.

Actually I wouldn't mind being a VP at all. I would make a lot more than a line pilot and not have to listen to whiners at work. I do honestly believe that a lot of pilots are implanted with the "whine gene" in which they can find anything to whine about. Most guys I fly with are great but it really gets old flying with members of the OC and their constant whining. The problem is ALPA won't end the whining, it will only make it worse. Once people have buyers remorse they will be pissed about their shrinking paycheck due to the union. Luckily the drive probably won't pass anyway.

This is the Flamebait post of the the year. Congrats.

(From the cheap Pilot thread)

So you should be more upset with the fact that many Regional FO's take home less than an FA.. that's what should get your blood boiling.

As a mesa puke, you should worry more about what color plywood you'll be using in your 50 seat rj during your next stand up overnight!
Get back to trolling the trailer parks out west you virol weed, and be happy JO pays you anything at all!:laugh: :laugh:

SIX FIGURE FA's

Senior fa's make $50 per hour at all the legacies with w2's north of $70,000 per year. I have even heard of FA's working 250 hours month on trancons with trip trading mofia's making more than narrowbody captains.

And the reason they make those wages is because management knows FA will act during contract dealings while pilots just think they are so smart they can outsmart management while management is always the one out smarting the pilots.

Pilots are stupid compared to FA's and mechanics. FA act while pilots posture and fail.

If you show up for work for $25k a year, that's what you're worth and I don't care how much money you spent or went in debt for.

I know it is awful to get paid 25k/yr as an RJ FO, but what other solution would you recommend? I started flying when i was 14, airplanes were the most amazing thing I ever experienced in my life (well almost). I worked at grocery stores, restaurants, office jobs, etc all to pay for my flight lessons. I finally got my private license, then continued to an aviation college where I worked as a pizza delivery boy, telemarketer, and phone sales jobs to pay for college/flying. From the moment I first started flying I never thought of doing anything else except this. Now I graduated college and worked as a CFI, relocated to 5 different states for different flying jobs, worked side jobs selling computers and a waiter while doing the CFI gig to build hours. So then 10years after I first started to fly, I finally get the chance to fly for a regional airline. I get hired, put on the uniform with pride and do my job happily. The low pay is tough, but I am not here to complain about that. All that i ask is a shred of respect and appreciation from others in the industry. We all have been through the same beginnings, so please dont think less of me for taking a job. We all have to start somewhere.

As I was watching Penn & Teller Bull******************** about the Walmart bashers last night, it occurred to me that the main differences between regional FOs and Walmart employees are that FOs are highly skilled and union members. Other than that, most of the complaints about Wally world also apply to regional airlines.

The other difference is that, since the airlines already have union representation, there is no great groundswell of liberal do-gooders who are trying to improve the industry.

Last edited:
Senior fa's make $50 per hour at all the legacies with w2's north of $70,000 per year. I have even heard of FA's working 250 hours month on trancons with trip trading mofia's making more than narrowbody captains.

And the reason they make those wages is because management knows FA will act during contract dealings while pilots just think they are so smart they can outsmart management while management is always the one out smarting the pilots.

Pilots are stupid compared to FA's and mechanics. FA act while pilots posture and fail.

I hope your talking about TAFB. I did international and could never even come CLOSE to flying that 250 flight hours...

I must admit though, I bypassed my husbands military (1st LT) pay for two months straight with all of the OT I did....

I miss that feeling...

Latest resources

Back