• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

True colour of a MESA pilot....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So anyway, I was out winterizing my car this afternoon. Replacing the sparkplugs in it and all that jaz. And since I had to park in front of the garge doors of the apartments with the car running length wise so people could get into and out of their parking spots, I had to block a couple of garage doors. Next thing you know, this bimbo from next door has pulled up and opened her garage door with the remote and she is sitting there with this look on her face like she's in a hurry or something.

I'm one sparkplug away from being done, so I give this dish rag hoooah the "look". You know the one...the one like, "Hey lady, put on some make up or talk on your freaking cellphone for an hour, like you always do when you're chillin' in the left lane, can't you see I'm busy here?!!"

Evidently, she's one of those smart slices, becuase she starts blaring the horn like she's waiting for the jerk pharmacist's assistant at the CVS Pharmacy drive up window to fill her birth control prescription on a payday Friday. So I set my tools down and go up to her drivers window and she gets this yakkity yak yak attitude about me blocking her garage door with my car.

Which one in particular are you refering to? Many on the MESA board are not Mesa pilots nor even in the 121 industry yet.

That being said, it is no secret that we have a rather large contingent of less than stellar individuals here.

wscrj

wscrj said:
Which one in particular are you refering to? Many on the MESA board are not Mesa pilots nor even in the 121 industry yet.

That being said, it is no secret that we have a rather large contingent of less than stellar individuals here.

wscrj
It is pretty pathetic. If I knew any of those wipes I would have let em have it. A bunch of the FNG's carrying on like idiots.

FN FAL said:
So I set my tools down and go up to her drivers window and she gets this yakkity yak yak attitude about me blocking her garage door with my car.
1 part coke
1 part Dawn diswashing liquid
1 part ammonia
1 steel nail
1 12" piece of safety wire

...and she'll never bitch about getting whats left of her car into her garage again ;)

FN FAL do you realize you have almost 2000 post.

Your a poster fanatic man. You must be addicted to this board.

May I recommend employee health services, they have a lot of psychologist on hand to assist you with your addiction.

hehe

Here's a couple of posts from the referenced thread. They were discussing the US Airways concessions.
Note that this is not my opinion. I'm just reposting the comments for those who don't have access to the Mesa board.

MESA board said:
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]What next for U?

1. U pilots will not buy new SUV's.
2.U pilots wives will not have 2nd breast augmentation this year.
3.U pilots girlfriend will not have first breast augmentation.
4.U pilots will shop for lower price lawn service.
5.U pilots will not purchase new $400.00 overnight bag. This year.
6.U pilots will not be "Backing the Pack" as much this year.
7.U pilots will cut back on the $bucks Triple Latte Cappuccino after munching on a dinner of Lobster Tails with Rack of Lamb.
8.U pilots will not be sending daughter Sprinkles to summer Music camp in Europe this year.
9.U pilots will not be sending son Neville the III to Astronaut Camp this year.
10.U pilots will not be selling Grandmother to Turkish prostitution Warlord this year, she was sold last year.
[/font]
MESA board said:
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]
[/font]
This is too funny...
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]
One time on the jumpseat I had to listen to them b!tch and moan to each other about how they had to pull their 4 kids out of private school and paint houses to "make ends meet."
[/font]

Charactarizing Mesa pilots being the only ones making theese assenine comments is wrong. (No, I'm not a Mesa pilot)

I have heard plenty of industry FNG's make theese horrid comments because they all think they know the in's and out's at 1200 hours and when they're fresh off of IOE. The exist at every level and at every carrier. It's this kind of detrimental personality quality that votes YES for substandard wages and work rules (not meant as a stab at any pilot group). At first they're thrilled to work anywhere, then once they get into the crewroom they start bitching about anything and everything.

It's a sick, and sad fact of this industry. And for sure it made my life pure hell when I used to sit reserve in the crewroom and listen to theese bleeding heart stories being poured out by people fresh off IOE. Hell, I lost 15 pounds walking the terminal getting away from those people. (Thanks Morons!)

I can remember specific occasions listening to people bitching about how "Mainline's Scope was choking our airline" then 3 days later hearing that same person say "Hey! I hear 70 seaters are being ordered right now!!" It all boils down to lack of knowledge and research into the profession. And that's no one's fault but thier own. Airline new hires should be force fed copies of Flying The Line I & II. So they can see how bad it can really get.

And the real danger is that theese same personalities, unchecked can make it into union leadership or *gulp* management. Then the next thing you know your pilot group realizes it's screwed and you try a last ditch recall effort to save your hides. I read in another thread that Comair only had a 10% turnout in it's LEC nomination votes. Now thats just sad. But I can garantee that if one of those nominated by that 10% ends up screwing the pilot group, all hell will be raised. And the other 90% will be crying recall, etc.

So bottom line, EDUCATE YOURSELF. Save yourself from having your ridiculous comments posted on a message board because you were too lazy to look into the fact you were signing up for a crappy $18,000 year job. And sure as hell do not wish ill on those waging a war against a failing, bankrupt carrier who have nothing left of thier retirements. That is just wrong....

I know this rant ran a little off topic, but I needed to get this off my chest.

Flame Away....

nothing to flame...you said it all.

We regularly see less than 10% at the LEC meetings in PHX, our largest council.

It is, as you say, sad.

Latest resources

Back