• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Troubles jumpseating on XJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Was denied by the gate agent the other day because the computer said "no jumpseat agreement." I tried to make the point that both airlines are in CASS and there should be no problem, but it was like talking to a wall. I even called my airline and they said I shouldn't have any problems...

Anyone know what the deal is?????

Send our jumpseat coordinator all that info, gate agents name if you have it too.

Well you are not giving us very much info. Who do you work for? When did this happen? Where did this happen?

When this happens, ask politely to speak with the Captain. He/she has the final authority, not the gate agent.

I'm sorry this happened to you. Unfortunately if it was at one of CAL's hubs, it was probably a CAL gate agent. Some of them can be, well how should I say it.........not so nice.

Question: if it is a CAL gate agent and it's a CAL or Expressjet flight, I've also heard them say numerous times that no agreement exists, when we know it does. Is there still a problem with them overlaying the airline code and employee number on the screen template? Someone told me you have to ask them to replace your airline code over the CO designation for CASS. Does this work?

It was on Aug 16th flt#7671 ONT-SLC (DL connection). I work for SkyWest. The gate agent said she turned away two or three other SkyWest guys that day. I had a XJet FO standing right next to me that said he's had SkyWest guys in the jumpseat numerous times.

Nothing pisses me off more than when the computer system goes down and I get stuck because of that crap.

word of advice marine grunt, write down excatly how to pull your (picture) name up on a deltamatic computer so when you have a retard of a gate agent say you are not allowed in the jumpseat because he/she doesn't know what they are doing, you can pull out that piece of paper and show them what to type to verify you.

I've done this 8 times myself and every time has saved me.

EMB170,

Are the rumors true that your FI avatar is your CASS photo as well? Cheeks and all!

Last edited:
It's annoying how some gate agents in the US won't help us get on. They deal with jumpseaters on a regular basis and still some seem to have problems pulling up the info repeatedly. Meanwhile, in a foreign country overseas, where the gate is outsourced work, the agents go above and beyond out of their way to let us jumpseat. Always friendly. Is CASS required in the US now even if occupying a seat in the back? That sometimes hinders the flow, when they could cut that step out and just list us for 1 of the 10+ open seats in the rear where we will sit anyway.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back