Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MarineGrunt

Will kill for peace.
Was denied by the gate agent the other day because the computer said "no jumpseat agreement." I tried to make the point that both airlines are in CASS and there should be no problem, but it was like talking to a wall. I even called my airline and they said I shouldn't have any problems...

Anyone know what the deal is?????

Just because you're in CASS doesn't mean anything. Most airlines require a reciprocal jumpseat agreement. CASS is just a way of verifying you are who you say you are.

Well you are not giving us very much info. Who do you work for? When did this happen? Where did this happen?

When this happens, ask politely to speak with the Captain. He/she has the final authority, not the gate agent.

I'm sorry this happened to you. Unfortunately if it was at one of CAL's hubs, it was probably a CAL gate agent. Some of them can be, well how should I say it.........not so nice.

It was on Aug 16th flt#7671 ONT-SLC (DL connection). I work for SkyWest. The gate agent said she turned away two or three other SkyWest guys that day. I had a XJet FO standing right next to me that said he's had SkyWest guys in the jumpseat numerous times.

I'm the XJT jumpseat coordinator. We have a jumpseat agreement with you guys. For some reason, Deltamatic is kicking some of you guys out. I don't know why. It could be gate agent error or something that we're doing wrong on our end. We're new to the DCX side of the house and it's possible that our stuff in Deltamatic isn't set up quite correctly. This only exists on the Delta side. You'd have no problems jumping on our CAL or branded flights.

I'd suggest you contact Michael M., your jumpseat coordinator, with the details. He's aware of the problem and he can forward it on to me. I thought we had it fixed, but that doesn't appear so. I'm on the CAL side so I'm not very well versed as to how Deltamatic handles jumpseat requests.

BTW, this has nothing to do with CASS, but everything to do with Deltamatic.

Again, you guys are welcome aboard. We just need to figure out how to get the system working properly.

Thanks for the help.

This happened to me in LAX a few months ago and the reason was simple. Since I fly and commute 100% in the UEX system I have never paid the $50 for travel on Delta. The agent trying to get me on the flight ONLY knew how to use my PPR number to get me on the flight because I am SkyWest and have a PPR number. But since I have not paid the $50, Deltamatic would not let me in. Lucky for me the I'd already talked to the captain and ended up making it on the flight. I know there is a way to list/enter someone into Deltamatic for simply jumpseating but this agent did not know how or try to do that.

Another thing to watch is our two letter designator. I watch to make sure they type "oh,oh" instead of "zero,zero"

Sorry bud. You got screwed.
Give us another chance.

Every so often I'll hear that from a gate agent on the UA side, but it's because they enter our code in as "Zero Zero" instead of "OO".

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back