Trip Ideas

Avtrchris

Total Time
I work for SkyWest Airlines and wanna take my girlfreind somewhere but skywest is lame and doesnt give mainline buddy passes only skywest. Was hoping someone can help me out with suggestions for DEN-XXX on SkyWest that has cheap crew hotel, and something fun to do near the airport. Heres the link to Skywest Route Map... http://www.skywest.com/routemaps/rm_...es(SEPT08).pdf

Thanks in Advance!

Cpt Oveur

I had the fish for dinner
Total Time
time?
everything is bigger in texas. AUS and SAT are great places to go.

dojetdriver

Total Time
I just did MRY. What a nice place. Not sure about hotel, I just used travelocity. Also, you can rent a car and head down to Big Sur, killer scenery.

purduej

Total Time
a bit
Have you not paid your $50 for Delta benefits? You get 5 round trip buddy passes a year.

filejw

Total Time
I work for SkyWest Airlines and wanna take my girlfreind somewhere but skywest is lame and doesnt give mainline buddy passes only skywest. Was hoping someone can help me out with suggestions for DEN-XXX on SkyWest that has cheap crew hotel, and something fun to do near the airport. Heres the link to Skywest Route Map... http://www.skywest.com/routemaps/rm_...es(SEPT08).pdf

Thanks in Advance!
Just for your info the buddy pass thing is up to the mainline carrier not SkyWest..see above,,

urflyingme?!

Man Among Men
Total Time
Do you have a delta travel companion yet?

Avtrchris

Total Time
I'm ramp in denver. No delta for me. just UA. What exactlly is there to do in SAT and AUS? I'm only 20 so cant rent a car.

purduej

Total Time
a bit
Ah, that sucks then. Do you know if you get the SkyWest discounts at rental car companies? A lot of them waive the 25yr thing. Just bring your ID. For a good time, you can't go wrong in AUS. Go Thurs-Sat, leave Sun for recovery.

Avtrchris

Total Time
SAT is out. Only ScabJets flys SAT-DEN and Mainline. Whats some specifics in AUS to do?

Avtrchris

Total Time
nvm AUS is out too. Shuttle and Mesa fly AUS-DEN. lol

Any other ideas!?

doug_or

And he's been drinking!
Total Time
Low
MRY is nice, but prolly expensive, and it would be really nice to have a car. If you can get a decent deal at the crew hotel in SBA they have bikes you can use, which is nice for getting around.

Most anywhere besides big cities will be a pain in the butt w/o a car.

makersmarc

St. Thomas Free Univ.
Total Time
Can't go wrong with SBA.
Also recommend MRY, go to the aquarium.

Note to Box Office: it's even worse with manboobs...

Erlanger

Total Time
13000+

Thanks in Advance!
You can just stay in Colorado. I know it's getting cold but have you been to Aspen or Durango. Or you can go up to Mt. Rushmore and the Black Hills. You can go over to Utah and the Moab area (via Grand Junction) or visit Jerry in St. George and stop in Zion N.P. The weather in southern Utah this time is still really nice. There's plenty of biking, hiking and sightseeing to do. If you have a 4wheel drive vehicle, then drive to Moab and go off-roading. There's plenty of 4wheel drive roads that won't damage your vehicle.

Head on down to northern New Mexico and visit Santa Fe and Taos. She'll dig the art galleries and spas there. Fly to Tucson and visit the Pima Air Museum and stop in Tomstone and Bisbee and drive or hike up Mt. Lemmon. Go up to Sedona too which is awesome but its a 4 hr drive from Tucson.

Fly to LA and head on down to San Diego. You can't beat a few days in San Diego. And then go over the border to Tiajuana and get robbed by the local police there (like I did). Bastards!

You can goto Monterey too and go kayaking, see marine life and visit Clint Eastwood. And even go up to San Fran, see Alkatraz and Muir Woods and hang yourself from the Golden Gate or push your girlfriend off if you get sick of her.

Dude, there's so much to do. Get with it!

WalterSobchak

Am I wrong?
Total Time
40+/wk
nvm AUS is out too. Shuttle and Mesa fly AUS-DEN. lol

Any other ideas!?
Just FYI...SKW operates a CRJ2 DEN-AUS-DEN on some days. SKW5876...it's running today.

Just taking a glance at the DEN plot for the day...

CLE has the Rock 'N Roll Hall of Fame...Memphis if your girl is into BBQ...DTW if she wants to see a real, live drive-by. And, there's plenty of Canada flights so you can always say that you took her to an "international" destination. :)

AEROSQUADRON69

Total Time
6XXX9
Just go to St. George and make it happen!
If you find there is not enough to do in SGU. LAS is not to far down the road!

Lrjtcaptain

Total Time
2000+
DEN-SLC-SFO Go chill in the bay area. Go up to Napa or Sonoma, do San Fran. Its not as expensive as you would think.