Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TriCoastal/Grand Scare-A quality company. NOT!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ACT700

What's it doing now?
It's funny; they must have had another mass exodus, like the one last December (2004).
They're advertising for all positions again on climbto350--Metro PIC, Falcon PIC,SIC, Lear PIC, SIC.

And I love the way they'll run one add under Tri Coastal Air, then the next under Grand Aire Operations.

I think it's time for another "name change"!!!

T-Gates said:
They can change the name all they want, but they'll never shake the reputation they worked so hard on getting.

That's pretty funny cuz I just met a guy who flew for them. We started sharing stories about where we worked. He Said well I I flew Falcon 20s for a couple of months but I got sick of being away for 25 days straight and I got sick of the unsafe operations. I asked him "who did you fly for?" he answered "oh...ummm, for a company in Ohio" I replied with a smile "Tricoastal???"..he laughed and answered with an embarrassement "Yes"....hahahaha
True Story

Now that the "wacky Paki" isn't in the picture who is at the helm of this operation these days? Its now been 3 years since I interviewed there. It was too much to handle back then, I was outta there before the door clicked shut with a polite "thanks but no thanks."

Out of sheer curiosity, what are things like now-a-days? I understand that the reputation follows this place like a shadow on a sunny afternoon, but playing the devil's advocate, things may be better with new management...maybe.

cargoflyr69,

Tahir's first wife, from what I hear (at the helm).

And from what I've heard by talking to a couple very recent "quitees", things are still as funked up as ever, over there.

That's probably why they keep running ads trying to staff the whole company at once!

When us newbies (CFIs, corp wannabees, line guys) get together and talk at various FBOs when I'm on a trip, as we invariably do, there's only been one company I've ever heard a hard up guy say he wouldn't take a job with ... Grand Aire. And I've heard it three times now at various FBOs around the mid-atlantic.

When folks desperate to land that first flying job say they wouldn't accept an offer at Grand Aire, I think that speaks volumes. Their reputation is unbelievably widespread, and is unbeliveably shat. :(

Scary place ... I wouldn't work there for $40k a year and a relocation package.

I would agree with not going to Grand Aire. Now they switched names to Tri Coastal Air, things have changed so much over there because of the FAA watching over them. They can't do in house training anymore like other freight companies. Things are actually a lot better then you believe. I'm not here to start a fight or argument with anyone, but now that they switched to Tri Coastal Air, it has changed quite a bit over the last couple of years.

rway36 said:
Somebody has been drinking the Kool-Aid..................

Hey Rway36 are you still flying a Lear or are you flying a caravan???

Yah, I interviewed with em last week and even though the money is good I can just see telling my parents that work at a place that has had 11 accidents in the last 10 years and 12 FAA violations between 2001-2002. No thanks. I'll take my chances elsewhere. Plus I saw on climbto350 again this week that they are advertising for literally ALL positions. I mean they only have 8 aircraft so a shatload of people must have quit.

Is that 8 aircraft working becuase the first time I flew into that place I thought it was a boneyard for shitty white airplanes. My friend got an oil change done in a 172 there and though the regular maintenece people seemed ok he walked out and some arab guy with 1 gold tooth was hammering on the top cowling trying to force it to fit.

Latest resources

Back