• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

tree hugger wack jobs have gone too far!!!

buscap

Total Time
o E-Mail
  • Print Published: February 3, 2009

Capt. Chesley B. Sullenberger III, the US Airways pilot whose feather-soft landing of Flight 1549 in the Hudson River last month saved the lives of the 155 people on board, called the experience “surreal” and “shocking” in an interview in Tampa, Fla., where he was a guest at the Super Bowl.
Not everyone is so enthused however. Shortly after the Super Bowl appearance, Mr. Sullenberger was informed Greenpeace, an extremist environmentlal conservation organization, had filed a federal suit, claiming Mr. Sulenberger's actions had resulted in jet fuel being dumped in the Hudson.
Reilly, an ESPN reporter, saw Mr. Sullenberger and his wife, Lorrie, in the lobby of a hotel in Tampa on Saturday night and wrote about the encounter in his blog.
When asked by Mr. Reilly how he felt when he realized that both engines were out of commission shortly after takeoff from La Guardia Airport on Jan. 15, Mr. Sullenberger said: “Shocking. It was very quiet.”
Mr. Sullenberger said that as he and his co-pilot worked as a team to land the plane, with no thrust coming from the engines, he felt “calm on the outside, turmoil inside,” Mr. Reilly reported.
Mr. Sullenberger and the crew of Flight 1549 were guests of Roger Goodell, the National Football League commissioner, at Sunday’s game.
They were welcomed on the field before kickoff by a crowd of roaring football fans.
Ms. Sullenberger told Mr. Reilly that they have been flooded with emotional letters from people and that as they pored over the letters each night, “We both sit there and cry.”

Last edited:

ackattacker

Client 9
Total Time
hah!

J.Otto

Total Time
that'd be down right cold hearted to sue him for somebhting so frivilous. like its his fault. sue the birds! wow. hope this is just a flame.

buscap

Total Time
C'mon people!!!

The Jonas Brother might win a Grammy!!

It's a messed up world!!

Laugh a little!!!

siucavflight

Back from the forsaken
Total Time
Did you really just make this up buscap? If so poor form.

buscap

Total Time
either I drink too much or the rest of the world drinks too little

ackattacker

Client 9
Total Time
hah!
either I drink too much or the rest of the world drinks too little

If you drank so much that you thought this was funny,

Then yes you drink too much.

buscap

Total Time
I've been told 7 out of 9 people in trailers laughed

buscap

Total Time
And I got a star!!!!!!!!!!!!

Axel

Canada Geese are a protected species. PETA, the Audubon Society and the World Wildlife Federation are getting into the act as well, having filed a Federal suit over the deaths of several Canada Geese.

buscap

Total Time
Three stars people!!!!

Three stars!!!

skywav8r

Total Time
GEEZ! Didn't you guys get the email??? They were Arab geese. The picture I saw showed the geese were wearing turbans... not Canadian. I just hope Sully got that stupid goose with my buckshot stuck in him. I swear I hit him but he didn't drop. BTW, I actually believed the first post...I hate greenpeace and any other far left or far right nutjob group. Stupid me.

Back to watching beerfest with my cold beverage.

buscap

Total Time
Radiohead better get a grammy!!!

buscap

Total Time
Sure beats jaw-jakin bout how to land the "9"

Kaman

Total Time
I wonder how Greenpeace members travel between their various "functions"? Furthermore, I am curious how they are able to avoid using any fossil fuels, kill any living organism for either food, clothing or shelter? Amazing group of idealists that have been so misguided in their feeble attempt to recreate a horse culture in America that relied more on whale products, exotic feathers and pelts from rare game that it makes today's industries look greener than a room full of Saint Patrick's Day party-goers.

buscap

Total Time
I wonder how Greenpeace members travel between their various "functions"? Furthermore, I am curious how they are able to avoid using any fossil fuels, kill any living organism for either food, clothing or shelter? Amazing group of idealists that have been so misguided in their feeble attempt to recreate a horse culture in America that relied more on whale products, exotic feathers and pelts from rare game that it makes today's industries look greener than a room full of Saint Patrick's Day party-goers.

There!!! See That? I wasn't so crazy now, was I?