• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Travolta is new Qantas First Officer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If he can afford a 707 and type in it, he can wear a beachball for all I care.

He is flying is own plane, if he wants to dress up and play cowboys and indians on his dime who cares?

PFT? uh... he isn't filing a seat or taking a job from anyone...it is HIS plane.

Maybe he dresses up in like a Flight Attendant occasionally and serves himself White Russias. I have heard of weirder things in Hollywood.

I think we're missing the point here. This is a promotional thing between Mr. Travolta and Quantas. It sounds like John is getting a free paint job with licensing rights from QA. Maybe some free sim time too. They in return are getting publicity worth much more than what it's costing them. Mr. Travolta could get type rated in just about every Boeing there is for what he's going to be paying for in fuel. You KC-135E folks correct me if I'm wrong but: 1 JT-3D @ 6,000# the first hour X 4 = 3600 gallons the first hour of flight.

Concerning the comments that John Travolta is undeserving of a uniform because he PFT'd, good god man, you've got to be joking. This is an advertising deal. John Travolta is no more legally qualified to sit behind the controls of a Quantas jet than I am. Thats what HONORARY means. (No AU ATPL or type ratings, no legal right to work in the commonwealth) Ask any CX'er what they went through to convert. Trust me on this one.

You folks that are upset by this really suprise me. When Travolta got the studio to pick up the fuel tab for his press junket for swordfish, I thought man..that lucky SOB. I'd wish I thought of that. More power to him.

Lastly, A bit on this tried but failed mentality. Please don't take this personally Bobbysamd I do respect you and your posts, but you tried and gave up. What's stopping you? If you really wanted to be a professional pilot more than anything, you would be. Forgive me if you've already posted why you can't, but not having researched your posts, it would seem to me that you have the ability but not the will. There's nothing wrong with that, but please don't hold yourself out as having tried and "failed" when there are still cockpits out there to work in. My point is this. If you really wanted to, you would find a way. The rest of us have. Even Mr. Travolta. Come on brother, come out and play. I would be honored to share a cockpit with you someday.

Warmest Regards,

DAN

No more P-F-T

You are absolutely right. Fair comment. I wasn't trying to start a P-F-T discussion. I was just making an observation and replied to responses where warranted.

I just feel that John Travolta wearing an airline pilot uniform demeans and mocks "real" airline pilots, those who earned the right and privilege to wear the uniform. I greatly appreciated the Armani uniform comment above. He said he is an airline "geek" and demonstrates it by putting on that uniform.

I guess with his money John Travolta can be anything he d@mn near wants to be.

PS-I just read the comment above, and I appreciate it. In my situation, I encountered institutional roadblocks that I lacked the wherewithal to battle.

Last edited:
Whoever invented P-F-T should be shot!

Not because of what it is, but because of the enormous gravitational pull it has on nearly every thread on this message board!

I agree with Aero 99, It's Travolta frickin plane, he isn't taking a job from anybody, get over it and get on with your career and stop looking for excuses why things haven't worked out for you!

I came up through the ranks during the heart of P-F-T, I haven't paid a dime for training or a rating since getting my MEI back in 1990.... P-F-T sucks, it is bad, very bad for the industry, I am 100% against it and so should every other Professioanl pilot out there...

Now with that said GET ON WITH LIFE!

p.s. I also agree with the guy that said JT should get rid of the grey paint and polish that aluminum in the lower fuse.

It seems like a good idea too me...to use a famous actor/pilot to promote travel. The only thing that bothers me is that our own airlines the United States didn't have the vision to implement this unique marketing campaign...typical. I think he's certainly qualified for the job.

jt

I have to say way to go,success be gets success, has any one ever heared of that before.

Ia'm shure that when he jt first started out he had it rough, and the road may have been hard , but after a while it comes down to this you either take controll of your life and where you are going or it takes you for a ride.

Hell if i had that kind of money i would have a few planes my self.lets see King Air B350, BBJ, and some realy fast cars.but would rather fly than drive.

ever heard of goal setting and staying on plan and hitting your number????People don't plan to fail they just fail to plan.

Hay JT congrats on "jumbolair" and keep making movies.

Get over it he is successful ok
:cool:

I think its a great thing. Its nice to see a rich and famous face out there promoting aviation, or anybody promoting aviation for that matter. There are far too many anti-flying and noise complaining folks around. Nobody handed the guy his fame and money, he earned it. I detect a touch of jealousy in some posts.

I met JT once for about five seconds in Savannah, he was leaving and I was arriving for recurrent, he’s a nice fella, stopped to chit-chat and talk shop with us and even signed an autograph for an adoring (and might I add, VERY cute lady pilot) fan who was there with us.

I’ve hauled around my share of Hollyweird Celeb-o-sluts both on official company trips as well as outside charter and I can speak with some experience when I say he is not your typical Hollyweird type.

As far as the PFT issue… it sux pond water.

TMMT
:cool:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back