Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
John?

John, are you there?

Here in Las Vegas, we see N707JT all the time. In fact, the other day we were taxing in, talking to the controllers about old JT's new paint job. We couldn't figure out why his airplane was all painted in a New Quantas paint job?

Thanks for the update.... Now I am only partially confused...*^%!

DesertFalcon

=============================

flydog said:

Travolta owns a vintage Boeing 707 that was first flown by Qantas, and when he arrived in Australia in the plane, he said, it caused quite a stir. He asked to meet with Dixon and told him if Qantas would return his 1960s plane to its original colors, he would fly around the world to promote the airline.

Well Well Well.....

I've never been a huge Travolta fan, but god I do love 707's. My very first ride in a jet was in a TWA 707-321B in 1979. I spent the whole day looking out at those JT3's. I remember going up to the cockpit and thinking how cool it was that the FO had his feet up on the instrument panel. When I was stationed in the DC area, I used to fly at the Andrews Aeroclub, frequently I was fortunate enough to ogle the 89th AW's VC-137's. Very pretty
jets, lots of smoke.

I certainly wish Mr. Travolta the best. He seems to have found a way to have his cake and eat it too. I hope he gets a lot of good press and cheap fuel. John, if you ever need a HOU based Captain, I'd be happy to help you out.

P.S.- Strip the gray underside and have it polished man.

Cheers!

DAN

John Travolta is a class act. More power to him. If he is going out to promote airline travel than we all should be thanking him.

Hell if I owned a 707, I'd have to buzz somebody somewhere:)

Uniform

A little faux pas in the news article, though. It calls him an FO. The pic shows him as a four-striper.

????

Maybe someone can help me out here. Let me start by saying that I am a big Travolta fan and am happy to hear about the aviation promotion tour.

My question is----Is he actually going to assume duty as a line F.O., or is this a temporary, kind of honorary thing?

If, in fact he is going to assume a full time position, then I am a little upset about it. He's a multi-millionaire with his own airplanes he can fly at any time. There are thousands of jobless pilots right now, of which several would probably love that job that he doesn't need.

Maybe I'm missing the big picture here because I'm a little confused.

Help.

I guess with his magical super secret OT powers from $cientology, he can just fly the plane without touching the controls, or without even being in it for that matter

www.xenu.net

Latest resources

Back