Transstates Upgrades

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

redbird

I see on the company website that we are finally upgrading again. Sweeeeet!! Anyone think this trend will continue, or are they just giving us false hope so the FO attrition rate goes down? I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for the best case scenerio.

I see on the company website that we are finally upgrading again. Sweeeeet!! Anyone think this trend will continue, or are they just giving us false hope so the FO attrition rate goes down? I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for the best case scenerio.

The only reason why they would do that is that captains are leaving and they are smart for doing so. I think you guys will stay about the same size or shrink in the near future. The 50 seat RJ days are over. Mainline can't make any money off of those anymore. And its gonna be hard for you to ever expand because anything over 50 seats will go to GJ. Also, UAL wants all of their EMB145 operated by TSA to be replace by CRJ700. Thats good for GJ but again more layoffs at TSA.

The only reason why they would do that is that captains are leaving and they are smart for doing so. I think you guys will stay about the same size or shrink in the near future. The 50 seat RJ days are over. Mainline can't make any money off of those anymore. And its gonna be hard for you to ever expand because anything over 50 seats will go to GJ. Also, UAL wants all of their EMB145 operated by TSA to be replace by CRJ700. Thats good for GJ but again more layoffs at TSA.

your so young, and naive. you think you have it all figured out. :rolleyes: You havent been in the industry long have you? Cash is King and those 50 seaters have been making Hulas about 30 million a year before GoJet even existed... dont believe me?? Hulas had to disclose Trans States earnings before he could start GoJet, www.dms.gov, check it out, its all there.. and now you jack**es are making him $30 more million a year on your contract (ooopps I mean NO contract) alone. Someday you will grow up and see the big picture. It shouldnt take long under those work rules.

Last edited:
your so young, and naive. you think you have it all figured out. :rolleyes: You havent been in the industry long have you? Cash is King and those 50 seaters have been making Hulas about 30 million a year before GoJet even existed... and now you jack**es are making him $30 more million a year on your contract (ooopps I mean NO contract) alone. Someday you will grow up and see the big picture. It shouldnt take long under those work rules.
WELL SAID BROTHER!

your so young, and naive. you think you have it all figured out. :rolleyes: You havent been in the industry long have you? Cash is King and those 50 seaters have been making Hulas about 30 million a year before GoJet even existed... dont believe me?? Hulas had to disclose Trans States earnings before he could start GoJet, www.dms.gov, check it out, its all there.. and now you jack**es are making him $30 more million a year on your contract (ooopps I mean NO contract) alone. Someday you will grow up and see the big picture. It shouldnt take long under those work rules.

Ok so you guys made some money doing some 50 seaters. The profit margin on the CRJ700 is higher than the EMB145. So why would UAL want to use the EMB145 when they can be making more money using the CRJ700. UAL is already all for that ideal, the only thing stopping them is the CEO of TSA Holdings. He needs to find homes for those EMB145 before he replaces them with CRJ700.

Ok so you guys made some money doing some 50 seaters. The profit margin on the CRJ700 is higher than the EMB145. So why would UAL want to use the EMB145 when they can be making more money using the CRJ700. UAL is already all for that ideal, the only thing stopping them is the CEO of TSA Holdings. He needs to find homes for those EMB145 before he replaces them with CRJ700.

hmmm... I wonder why the profit margin is so large..... wait... let me think ....its coming to me....... OH YEAH! BECAUSE YOU JACK**SSES ARE FLYING A 70 SEAT JET FOR LESS THAN I MAKE FLYING A 50 SEAT JET! Dont think its true? We make a little over a dollar a minute (you don't), so if my flight takes 2 hours (for a 1:30 block) thats $110, your gonna make $92.50 no matter what happens. Get a clue moron! Your sooooooo f***cked! Hulas wont settle your contract for 5 more years at least. He doesnt have to. He has you guys right where he wants you and you did it to yourselves. The aviation world is a horrible place because of Hulas and because of GoJet. No doubt about it. Someday you will understand.:(

The truth

Here it is from yours truely. I only give facts. The reality is the upgrades are to cover the attrition and the 3 aircraft coming out from heavy checks. Do the math attrition plus 4.5 crews per 3 aircraft = 38 upgrades. As far as this jack $ss who says they are going to get rid of 50seaters. Sure maybe in the next 5-10 yrs. Until GJ makes money accountants (which is hulas) will not kill the cash cow(no dot joke intended). ie cash cow is the 50 seats (for the idots out there(gj idots)). So therefore the only folks who's future is uncertain is the gj crew. Hope you make money soon??? How are the new deliveries coming on those 8 aircraft you were to get???? Stuck at 15 aircraft. Need 20 to make money ??? Refrain from responding with defensive info and respond with facts like I do. We would like to hear facts u scum bags. Hope to see you in hell..

Is there anyone on the upgrade list who wasn't already a captain? Either on the 41 or on the jet before the downgrades? Although this is great news for the guys who got downgraded (and believe me, I'm looking forward to holding a line again), I'll wait to see if the trend continues before I get excited about this.

Is there anyone on the upgrade list who wasn't already a captain? Either on the 41 or on the jet before the downgrades? Although this is great news for the guys who got downgraded (and believe me, I'm looking forward to holding a line again), I'll wait to see if the trend continues before I get excited about this.

Many of the upgrades are initial captain upgrades.. some are J41 and most are displaced embraer captains.

Not if you talk to some xjt koolaid drinkers.

Latest resources

Back