Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

gkrangers

college = debt
Gonna go ahead and get my HP and checked out in the local 182T.

129/hr so..65-70 when splitting the time, which is what I'll do with a friend.

Its brand new, and might be glass, not sure.

So it'll be nice to have a little fun with it.

I searched but didn't see any specific threads like this, so anyone want to advise me on the "big" differences when flying the skyhawks big brother ?

Not much really. If you are used to fuel injection, it won't be a big deal to start. Bascially, a little faster t/o and landing speed; slightly better cruise; a lot more fuel flow; and AN EXTRA LEVER :D

If it has the G1000 panel, expect a long check out. It's neat, but takes a while to get used to.

About the same jump from a P model 172 to an R or SP model 172. Not a big deal, but a lot more fun to fly

Holy chit man Dont do it!!!!!!! It's too much to handle!!!!!!!!

Just Kiddin. The nose is a little heavier thats all. Bigger engine and stuff.

Have fun!

Koslen said:
Holy chit man Dont do it!!!!!!! It's too much to handle!!!!!!!!

Just Kiddin. The nose is a little heavier thats all. Bigger engine and stuff.

Have fun!
Thats kinda what I was lookin for, any different "feel" to it.

I'm not sure if its G1000 or not...I kinda hope not, too much extra learning and money involved!

Geronimo4497 said:
Not much really. If you are used to fuel injection, it won't be a big deal to start.
I guess you missed my thread about me having a bad night with an SP...taking around 10 tries to start it over an hour period.

*sigh*

That bastard airplane....

Get some dual with an experienced 182 pilot. It is much more nose heavy in landing than the C-172. You will find as you go into the flare, the fingertip pressure you used in the C-172 become full four fingers gripping the wheel pulling back. Many new pilots will experience a nose wheel first landing if they are not careful. It has enough power to jump off the ground at light weights in about 300', but it will not climb out of ground effect unless you have a lot of runway in front of you. Do a search this was discussed here recently.

Latest resources

Back