Transfer within UPS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DC8CRIVER

Is there any recent information on getting an interview for a pilot position with the UPS Flight Department (after they restart hiring) while employed at another UPS job?
Is the minimum time requirement in another position still 1 year?
Can you qualify if you have a "part time" job with UPS?

I applied to UPS when the window was open last year ("on file") and have a LOR as well. I understand that if another window opens, I'll have to apply again, but does the LOA stay in my file?

I'm an about to be out of work 13 year DC-8 FO at DHL/Astar with the usual ratings and hours expected from that job and I'm looking at a part time job loading trucks for UPS while flying out the last few months of my DHL career.

Thanks

Ditto the question from an ABX guy. Are the minimum (1000 turbine PIC) for applying the same or are they reduced for a current UPS employee? Looking at doing the same thing as the Astar guy.

I have also heard the rumor in the past that it can take LONGER to get either the Interview or Job Offer if you are a current UPS employee. This being due to the information they need from you current supervisor and other paperwork in the system.

I hope someone can confirm or deny this.

Is there any recent information on getting an interview for a pilot position with the UPS Flight Department ...

I'm an about to be out of work 13 year DC-8 FO at DHL/Astar

** My personal opinion only... **

After ASTAR pilots picketed UPS's headquarters and posted several derogatory videos on the internet calling them dishonest and greedy, I can't imagine your affiliation with ASTAR will be helpful in obtaining employment from them.

BBB

After ASTAR pilots picketed UPS's headquarters and posted several derogatory videos on the internet calling them dishonest and greedy, I can't imagine your affiliation with ASTAR will be helpful in obtaining employment from them.

BBB

Moses has spoken!

I am former UPS ramper hired several years later into the panel. Don't know if it helped, as they would not say, but I guess it did not hurt. What I do know is that right now there is no hiring department that is active here to even get info from. The latest I have heard of ANY hiring here is 2+ years at least from now. I don't think anyone would even estimate how many years it will be until we hire again. Parking the 8 will not help.

BBB

Hilarious! Did you cry when we picketed your beloved HQ!

Hilarious! Did you cry when we picketed your beloved HQ!

No, but I can't help but find the irony in you now seeking employment from the hand you formerly bit. Read Atlas Shrugged.

BBB

It certainly doesn't help your (ASTAR pilots) chances.

How's this for a paradox BBB and Bob.....

Being fiercely proud of a company you both despise..

How long untill both of you are picketing UPS yourselves ?

Latest resources

Back