Transceiver on airline?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mcjohn

I traveling from CLT(Charlotte, NC) to ATL to ONT(Ontario, CA) with Delta tonight and was planning on carrying my flight bag with me which includes my headset and the little Sporty's transceiver SP-200. Is this allowed? Can I turn it on and listen or possibly even see if the NAV function works on approach?

I wouldn't try it, but that's just me. The last time I carried any aviation-related stuff on an airplane, I got an extra pat down, and that was just because I had a few aviation magazines in my bag I think.

Why do you want to carry your flight bag with you anyway?

I have all my study stuff and logbook organized. I'm heading out to do some accelerated training. I plan to study aircraft overviews, commercial and multi oral prep guides on airline. If my luggage gets lost then I can still train right when I get there if I keep my flight bag.

I would turn it on and pull your hood over you head. Stand up and say in a loud voice, " I am the great corn holio, I need T. P. for my bunghole." This should quickly show the air marshalls and the f/a's that the transceiver is no big deal.

I agree, I wouldn't mess around with that..... save it for the ground. Gotta pick your battles man, the potential hassles aren't worth a little radio chatter.

whole milk said:
you could have lots of fun issuing clearances to the knuckleheads flying the jet

LMFAO!!!
Please don't do that...I'd hate to miss it!

You: "Delta _, Cleared present position direct destination"
Them: "Cleared direct, Delta _"
ATC: "Delta _, Where the hell do you think you're going?"
You: "We're going, the hell, direct......sir"

LMFAO!!!!!
That's terrific

-mini

You could clear your own plane for landing! :)

Latest resources

Back