• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Trans States To downgrade and furlough

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As of right now, the only certainty is the downgrades. The company has not announced furloughs at this time. To my knowledge, no pilots have received furlough notices. There should be a VARS message posted later today concerning what we know and what we don't know, and it will be updated regularly as the situation unfolds. Stay tuned...

The new bids came out today...still shows that we have US flying.

I really wonder whats going on up there....

Memo from the big man Leach...

No mention of staffing cuts however looks like a reduction in flying.

American side:Already begun the reduction between MEM JAX and IAD as well as cut off DEN entirely. Starting 1 July MEM service is discontinued entirely and lose 1 roundtrip to IAD.

Airways: All PVD turns are gone and EWR turns gone by 1 July.

Hope to have all aircraft back in service by Spring 2009

Strap in...

Having left LOF to work for yet another lousy carrier this just makes me want to start yet another drinking binge. This is the middle of the beginning of the end (already in progress).

" the company has not made a final decision of how many will be affected. *****Be assured your Union is working with management to minimize the impact on our pilot group. "

A quote from our vars message. The way I read it; says that the company is going to furlough they just are waiting until the last min to tell them

A quote from our vars message. The way I read it; says that the company is going to furlough they just are waiting until the last min to tell them

That's pretty much what they did the last time. Even though they knew for a long time how many were going to get furloughed and when, they gave everyone the minimum notice required by the contract. Remember guys: minimum effort.

The new bids came out today...still shows that we have US flying.

I really wonder whats going on up there....

The bid pack doesn't mean anything at all. The 41 was susposed to fly in RIC until Jan 1st 2006. All of the RIC 41 guys had full scheds for Dec 2005. All of a sudden Dec 2nd 2005 all of the 41 flts were cxd and all the 41 guys were sent to displacement class.

Latest resources

Back