Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good luck guys. F****** Hulas

Last edited by a moderator:
You will have to pardon my ignorance, but what's this "hulas" thing. Is that the last name of the owner or something, or founder???

Yes, Hulas is the wonderful owner of the privately held company. In '05 when HoJets was being certified, he had to open the books and show that he personally made $30 million in '04 while putting the screws to all of his employees. I also hear that he blows goats

Hulas and his so called management crew have got to be the biggest idiots on the planet. I remember very well the last round of F's at TSA, then I remember how they couldn't get enough pilots a few months later. Tell me how training and retraining 50 to 100 guys at Flight safety is cheaper than leaveing 50 guys makeing $20/hr at the company and not flying for a couple of months. Skippy this won't get to you will it. It would just be WRONG to downgrade someone twice.

2006 downgrades and furloughs were due to the 41s going away. Still no reason for this round, but the phone calls only went out a few hours ago...

Except the furloughs started before any of the 41 guys came on line in the jet. And I guess the SAT flying going away was part of it as well. But I still remember seeing days that had 30 more open time periods than reserves available.

. It would just be WRONG to downgrade someone twice.

This round of downgrades goes back to guys that upgraded 2-3 months ago or so and the furloughs look like they go back to around Sept or Aug 07. Most of the guys that got downgraded last time got their time and got outta TSA, but I think a few have already been furloughed from their new companies and I've talked to a few who are worried that furloughs might be coming their way.

If anyone gets furloughed, comair is hiring 12 a week right now. Send me a PM and I will gladly forward your resume to our HR folks. Sorry to hear!

Except the furloughs started before any of the 41 guys came on line in the jet. And I guess the SAT flying going away was part of it as well. But I still remember seeing days that had 30 more open time periods than reserves available.

At the end of the 41 days the 41 was over staffed so much that it was funny. I remember one day where with the reserves that were on duty that day (home or airport) that there was right around 300% coverage so all the line guys and the first 2 rounds of reserve guys could have called in sick and they still wouldn't have the drop the JR word for a while. They had to furlough before the 41 guys got the the line cause they hired too many people thinking that the Continental Express contract was gonna go to TSA so when it didn't there were too many pilots. Also they did 3 rounds of downgrades and furloughs last time. The short staffing that happened last time was because more people left on their own than the number that the company let go and then when recall time came only 4 took the recall. This time will be totally different. There are not that many places hiring right now so I don't see many people leaving on their own..a few will, but probably not many. So the short staffing problem probably wont happen again...believe it or not they did learn their lesson last time...although they still have not given a reason for the furlough although my guess is that the US Air flying went bye bye.

Latest resources

Back