• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No FLICA for you.

Director of Flight Operations
Date: 10/08/08
Re: FLICA

On February 22, 2008 I sent all of you a memo stating your Union (ALPA) was in the
process of filing a grievance against the implementation of the FLICA program. In that
memo I attached a copy of the grievance and solicited your input pro or con. A lot of you
responded positively (and a few remained neutral) about the program, I passed this along
to your MEC Chairman in hopes that it would cause the MEC to reconsider their position.

Unfortunately the MEC moved forward with the grievance, the company met with
the MEC Chairman last week in hopes of reaching a settlement to this issue. The company
wasn't able to meet the demands placed on us by the MEC to continue using FLICA and as a
result, your MEC Chairman requested that Trans States Airlines shut down the FLICA
program to the pilots.

This truly is an unfortunate decision, as FLICA had improved the pilot's ability to
adjust his/her schedule quickly which equates to enhanced quality of life. But with that
being said: Effective 1201am Monday, October 20, 2008 Trans States Airlines will no longer
allow pilots to submit Trip Drops, Trip Adds, or Trip Trades using the FLICA program.
Instead, pilots will have to follow the guidance of the Collective Bargaining Agreement
(CBA) Section 25 (F), (G), or (H) as applicable.
Attached is a copy of the Crewmember Schedule Change Request (Form FO 0013
dated DEC05) that is to be used to request Trip Drops, Trip Adds, and Trip Trades. Keep in mind this form must be either faxed or comailed to Crew Scheduling, phone requests
and/or emails will not be accepted.

I truly regret having to withdraw this wonderful tool from the pilot group, I feel this
is a step in the wrong direction but I must honor the request of your MEC Chairman. I
assure you that any future improvements in quality of life for the pilots that affect your
CBA will be accomplished with a written agreement in place between the company and
your union, I unfortunately cannot go forward with just a “verbal” (as I had in this case)
because your MEC can change their minds which is unfair to you and the company.
Despite my obvious frustration with this action, I will remain open to reinstating use
of FLICA should your MEC have a change of heart. My hope is we will be able to return the
benefits of FLICA to you at some point and I hope your MEC will change their mind and
agree that FLICA is a good thing for our pilot group.

Should you have any questions regarding this memo, please contact my office.

blablabla

What about the Dir of FltOps honoring our contract and not b/s us with Flica where we cannot verify the reserve coverage etc.

I surely hope certain people get @ss raped in hell.

Guck FoJet!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back