• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Trans States joins the party

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think ACA decided a while back that working for UAL is a dead-end street. What "Plan B" is I'm not sure.

UAL does not care about loyalty or past performance. Simply costs.

we all complain at MESA cause all this is your fault. If you had not voted yes to your crappy contract then there is no way all the other companies would be so far underbid by MESA and maybe just maybe people would like MESA since we would not loose our jobs to you.

OneTuffGuy said:
we all complain at MESA cause all this is your fault. If you had not voted yes to your crappy contract then there is no way all the other companies would be so far underbid by MESA and maybe just maybe people would like MESA since we would not loose our jobs to you.

Never mind the spelling and grammar errors...

I just want to say: "hunh?!?" to the above.

(btw: I don't work for Mesa.)

:confused:

ACA is probably getting the boot, because they have worst on time performance of any airline. So stop blaming Mesa. I dont hear anyboby upset at Skywesy for taking all of Mesa flying in the 90. But thats ok right, because its Mesa

RIDETHELIGHTING said:
ACA is probably getting the boot, because they have worst on time performance of any airline. So stop blaming Mesa. I dont hear anyboby upset at Skywesy for taking all of Mesa flying in the 90. But thats ok right, because its Mesa

We'll just see what happens when Mesa (and Skywest, for that matter) start coming into ORD and IAD and the rest of the northeast corridor on a regular basis. You'll soon learn about little things like flow control and penalty boxes. Additionally, our on time numbers include the Delta side which definitely suffers due to dispatch reliability in the 328JET (nice airplane which fits its niche well, but very unreliable especially since Fairchild's BK).

For the record, ACA is probably getting the boot because our visionary, forward thinking senior management refuses to weaken our position as a company by accepting pathetic profit margins and suspect contractual terms. While ACA as United Express carrier may be coming to an end, ACA the company is going nowhere. Oh, and just for the record...Mesa Air Group will never provide RJ feed for ACA when the time comes.;)

We'll just see what happens when Mesa (and Skywest, for that matter) start coming into ORD and IAD and the rest of the northeast corridor on a regular basis. You'll soon learn about little things like flow control and penalty boxes.

Yeah, cuz we Mesa guys never go to dem reel big airports like you cool ACA boys. That part is kinda lame, but; I do have to agree with you on the Fairchild thing. Why'd you guys get so many of those things anyway?

Have they always been troublesome or has it recently just become an issue.

We already fly in the north east, we can handle it. Oh by the way I sure mesa will let you guys run an RJ feed for us when the time comes.

The DoJet is a great airplane - when it works.... It really fits the small turboprop niche and can make more money on thinner routes than the CRJ. (We seat 32 vice the CRJ's 50.) We were guaranteed maintenance support from Fairchild Dornier but they went bankrupt on their 428 and 728 programs. Those would have been NICE airplanes (especially the 728 - quite similar to the big Embraur) (sp?) but Fairchild was late to the RJ market and most of the orders were already filled by the companies from Canada and Brazil. I believe General George Patton said a good plan executed NOW is better than a great plan next week.

I have never said anything bad about MESA or Trans States (I have good friends there) and I will not - y'all are pilots just like us and it would only be charitable to wish others good luck - just as the Comair bubbas have been professional and charitable to us in Cincy. As for ACA, honestly, I believe our management does not like the long term chances of United and is cutting the lifeboats loose from the deck of the Titanic. Things are going to get interesting - and we should find out a lot more on July 28th.

Last edited:
My question is who else will ACA contract for? Delta is full. Who?

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool:

Latest resources

Back